To be eligible, an applicant must
- Not be less than 17 years of age at the time of application
- Have had leprosy or at least one parent had the disease
- Be residing in a self-settled leprosy colony
- Be beginning studies/courses in the academic year 2021-22
- Be pursuing B.Sc. Nursing (Basic) & GNM degree
- Be a first-year applicant beginning studies in the academic year 2022-21
Note – Applicants opting for B.Sc. (Basic Nursing) must have cleared their higher secondary education (10+2) from a recognized school with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
The selected students will receive variable awards.
- Passport size photographs of the applicant
- Self-attested copies of the following documents –
- Birth certificate or proof of date of birth
- Marksheets of the 10th, 12th Board Exam
- Leprosy certificate of parent/s (treatment certificate from the place where treated or Certificate from
- District Leprosy Officer or Disability certificate mentioning Hansen’s disease/leprosy)
- Admission letter/call letter issued by the institute to which the applicant has secured admission or else the applicant should provide the Annexure-I
- Proof of admission in a government recognised institute (In case the student has already gained admission)
How can you apply?
To apply for the scholarship, the applicant must follow the below-mentioned steps –
Step 1: Click on the “Apply Now” button and read the details carefully.
Step 2: Navigate to “How to Apply” and click on the given link.
Step 3: Click on ‘Nursing Scholarship, Sasakawa India Leprosy Foundation 2022-23’ and fill in the details to ‘Register’. (Note – If the applicant is already registered, log in using valid credentials.)
Step 4: Fill in the required details, attach the relevant documents, and submit.
Note – For detailed information, kindly go through the ‘Application Instructions Document’.
Application Deadline – 5th June 2022
- The selection of the candidates will take place in the following manner:
- All eligible candidates will be listed in the order of the set criteria of merit in the last Board examination.
- Meritorious students will be called for the personal interview and top candidates will be selected for the scholarship by the selection committee.
Terms and Conditions
- No capitation fee will be paid for admission.
- The selected candidates will be expected to have
- Regular attendance and dedication to learning
- High performance
- Those availing scholarships from other organizations will not be considered for this scholarship.
- The application forms can also be received from the State Leaders of the Association of People affected with Leprosy (APAL).
- Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- The scholarship fund will be given only if admission is secured.
- As proof of leprosy, no photograph will be accepted.
- The application will not be considered complete without the verification of the State leader.
- The candidates selected for the scholarship should display high performance, regular attendance, and a dedication to learning.
Note – For detailed information, kindly go through the ‘Guideline Document’