- Subject-matter specialization. (Please apply only if you already have knowledge of a specialty and wish to report on that specialty. We generally consider people who either have work-experience in a discipline and / or who have studied that discipline at Master’s level or higher.)
- The relevant graduate degree, professional degree or work experience to report knowledgeably on any specialty. If in doubt, please send us your application anyway.
- Prior experience as a journalist is NOT necessary, but some specific qualities are: Read the Qualifications Page to understand the kind of personality we’re seeking.
- Written and spoken fluency in English.
Application Procedure and Materials
1. Once you have read the Qualifications page, and have decided to apply for this program, please follow the following four steps carefully.
2. Because of the limited number of spots available, please e-mail us before you begin your application to tell us you will be applying.
Please send that e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org, under the subject line: “lastname, firstinitial prepping application”. (e.g. Smith, J prepping application). Please include your CV or a LinkedIn profile if you have one. When you are prepared to submit your full application, please complete all of the following materials and submit all of it as attachments or links, by e-mail, to: email@example.com.
If you are sending materials in more than one e-mail, please indicate the order using the following format in your subject-line, eg: “lastname, firstinitial application 1/2”; “lastname, firstinitial application 2/2”). Please name all files with your last name, first initial, and the subject (e.g. Smith_J_resume.pdf, Smith_J_transcripts.pdf, etc.).
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Official Academic Transcripts and/or Professional Designation. (PDF scan)
- Two Story Proposals
- One Fully-Reported Story
- Additional Communications Examples
- Personal Essay
- Statement of Integrity
This Journalism Fellowship is built on four pillars:
1. The Bootcamp (Sept. 7, 2022 to Oct. 7, 2022)
2. Mentored Freelancing To News Organizations Around The World
3. Classroom Curriculum (Oct. 11, 2022 to Apr. 19, 2023)
4. Coaching for two years after the program (May 2023 – May 2025)
Click here to read the detailed notification.