To be eligible, an applicant must:
Be an Indian national working in India in various capacities of the engineering profession in public-funded institutions
Possess adequate professional qualification and hold at least a Bachelor’s degree
Have a minimum of 5 years of service left in the parent organization as of the date of the award
The selected candidates will receive the following benefits –
- A monthly fellowship of INR 25,000 in addition to the regular income
- A research grant of INR 15 lakh per year
- An INR 1 lakh per annum overhead
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the fellowship:
Step 1: Click on the “Apply Now” button and read all the fellowship details.
Step 2: Send the nomination form with all supporting documents/appendices by email to INAE at – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: 30th June 2022
The selection of Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellows will be made by a Search-Cum-Selection Expert Committee specially constituted for the purpose, as per the broad guidelines of the fellowship.
Terms and Conditions
- The nominations can be sent by the Heads of the Institutions/organizations, Presidents/fellows of National science/engineering academies, SS Bhatnagar Awardees, and JC Bose awardees.
- All areas of engineering, innovation, and technology are covered under this fellowship.
- The duration of the fellowship will be initially for 3 years, extendable by up to 2 more years depending on the performance.
- The fellowship can be held for a maximum of 5 years.
- The fellowship is taxable as per the IT rule of the Government of India.
- The applicants should not be holding any other fellowship and in the event of selection, they must have to opt for only one of the fellowships.