The University Grants Commission – National Eligibility Test (UGC NET 2022) exam for December 2021 and June 2022 (merged cycles) will begin from tomorrow, July 9, 2022. The National Testing Agency (NTA) has released the UGC NET 2022 admit card on the official website ugcnet.nta.nic.in.
The NTA conducts UGC NET 2022 exam to determine the eligibility of Indian nationals for assistant professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Assistant Professor in universities and colleges.
The NTA UGC NET 2022 exam dates for December 2021 and June 2022 (merged cycles) are July 9, 11 and 12 and August 12, 13 and 14, 2022. The NTA had earlier announced the subject-wise UGC NET 2022 exam schedule and issued the advance city intimation slip on the official website.
UGC NET 2022 Exam Pattern
The UGC NET 2022 examination will be conducted in Computer Based Test (CBT) mode in multiple shifts as per the time schedule.
As per the UGC NET 2022 exam pattern, the test will consist of two papers. Both the papers will consist of objective type, multiple choice questions. There will be no break between papers.
|Paper||Marks||Number of questions||MCQ||Total duration|
|Paper 1||100||50||The questions in Paper I intends to assess the teaching/ research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, reading comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.||03 hours (180 minutes) without any break. All the questions are compulsory.|
|Paper 2||200||100||This is based on the subject selected by the candidate and will assess domain knowledge.|
UGC NET 2022 Marking Scheme
- Each question carries 2 (two) marks.
- For each correct response, candidates will get 02 (two) marks.
- There is no negative marking for incorrect response.
- No marks will be given for questions unanswered/ unattempted/marked for review.
- To answer a question, the candidate needs to choose one option as correct option.
- If a question is found to be incorrect/ambiguous or has multiple correct answers, only those candidates who have attempted the question and chosen one of the correct answers would be given the credit.
- If a question is found to be incorrect and the Question is dropped, then two marks (+2) will be awarded to all those who have appeared in the exam.
- The reason could be due to human error or technical error.
Courtesy : Careers360