To be eligible, an applicant must –
- Not to be less than 45 years of age and more than 70 years of age as on the last date of application
- Posses Ph.D. degree (Note – The candidates must have the necessary competence to conduct research in Social Sciences or social aspects of other disciplines in the opinion of the ICSSR.)
- Have outstanding research publications at the time of application
- Be affiliated to an ICSSR Research Institute/Institutes of National Importance (approved by MoE)/government research institute/public-funded university including deemed university of choice
Note – Senior Government and defence officers (not less than 25 years of regular service) and persons with proven Social Science expertise possessing a Ph.D. degree in any social science discipline and demonstrable research experience through publications of books/research papers/reports can also apply.
The selected fellow will receive a fellowship of INR 45,000 per month and a contingency grant of INR 40,000 per annum (for two years) irrespective of the pensionary benefit.
Under Salary protection, a fellow is entitled to salary and allowances admissible as per rules. However, special allowances like children’s education allowance, medical reimbursement, LTC, etc. are not admissible from the ICSSR. The parent institution may pay/reimburse the same as per its rule.
The ICSSR shall also pay the leave and pension contribution or contribution towards CPF and gratuity for the period for which the fellow holds the position as per the rules of the parent institution.
- Abstract of the research proposal in about 200 words
- Upon completion of the fellowship, the scholar is required to submit the following documents –
- A book-length final report in a publishable form along with a summary of the report (3000-4000 words) and published research papers.
- A certificate of settlement of assets and books purchased out of the contingency grant issued by the affiliating Institution.
Note – The documents must be submitted in hard copy (two copies of the final report and five copies each of the summary and research articles) and a soft copy in pen-drive.
How can you apply?
The eligible candidate can apply for the post by following the below-mentioned steps –
Step 1: Click on the “Apply Now” and read the details carefully.
Step 2: Navigate to ‘Login for Applicant’ and log in using valid credentials. (Note – If the applicant isn’t registered, kindly register first by clicking ‘click here for register’.)
Step 3: Fill in all required details, upload the research proposal, named – ‘Section IV: Details of Research Proposal’ (in the prescribed format) and submit the application.
The applicants can apply through open advertisement on the ICSSR website.
Application Deadline – 27th July 2022
The candidates will be selected following the below-mentioned procedure –
- Initially, the applications will be scrutinized and shortlisted by the screening committee.
Thereafter subject group(s)/expert committee(s) will shortlist the meritorious proposals from the eligible applications.
- The shortlisted applicants will be invited to interact/present before an expert committee.
- After the interaction, the expert committee/s will prepare recommendations for the award which will be placed before the requisite committee(s) for their consent/approval.
- The list of selected candidates will be uploaded on the ICSSR website.
Terms and Conditions
- Incomplete applications in any respect shall not be considered for fellowship.
- A fellow is not entitled for the same fellowship or pay protection more than once.
- ICSSR follows Government of India Rules & Directives with regard to SC & ST and persons with benchmark disability.
- The fellows who have completed their duration of the fellowship but want to continue writing the title with their name should prefix ‘Former’ and suffix ‘the duration’ with the name of the fellowship e.g.
- Former National/Senior/Post-Doctoral Fellow ICSSR (2016-18).
- The scholar has to join the fellowship within one month from the date of the award letter by submitting all the required documents to the affiliating/administering institution. It may be extended up to a few months in exceptional circumstances with the prior approval of the ICSSR.
- Faculties with regular service in public-funded universities/colleges and research institutes getting UGC pay scales may be considered for pay protection in exceptionally meritorious cases by the decision of the expert committees of ICSSR.
- The Expert Committee of the ICSSR also reserves the right to convert a fellowship proposal into a Project Proposal.
- The fellowship will be sanctioned initially for a period of one year, effective from the date of joining of the Fellowship by the scholar.
- The renewal of the fellowship for the subsequent year shall be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory Annual Progress Report and Statement of Account for the entire fellowship released for the first year.
- The fellowship may be discontinued if research undertaken by the fellow is found unsatisfactory or any ICSSR rules are violated.
- During the course of the fellowship, the scholars are required to publish at least three research papers preferably in Scopus Indexed or UGC Care listed research journals on the theme of the research undertaken.
- While accepting the position, a fellow cannot accept any other fellowship or research project or regular financial benefit/assignment from any other institution.
- The fellow will be governed by the rules of the affiliating/administering institution in all matters including withdrawals of TA/DA, holidays/leave and contingency grant, etc. during the fellowship period.