To be eligible, an applicant must
- Be an undergraduate degree student (B.Tech) studying in an engineering college (including state and central institutions) within the Kerala State
The selected candidates will receive a one-time prize under the following categories –
Platinum – INR 30,000
Gold (2 no’s) – INR 25,000 each
Silver (3 no’s) – INR 20,000 each
Bronze (5 no’s) – INR 10,000 each
Free food and accommodation will be provided to all the team members (maximum 4 students and 1 faculty) for category 1 and for maximum 2 students and 1 faculty for category 2.
All the participants and mentors of the final State level TECHFEST will be awarded participation certificates. However, the participation certificates will be distributed only after the valedictory function.
Note – KSCSTE reserves the right to award prizes to only meritorious projects worth the prize money.
How can you apply?
A team has to register in advance to participate in TECHFEST 2021 of KSCSTE through an online process. The candidates can register for the contest by following the below-mentioned steps –
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now‘.
Step 2: Navigate to ‘Click here to apply online’ and click on it.
Step 3: Fill in the application form and submit.
Application Deadline – 27th July 2022
The selection of projects for TECHFEST will be done by a screening committee constituted by KSCSTE. After shortlisting, the best innovations will be selected by a State level Judging Committee and awarded with State Innovation awards. The decision of the Judging Committee in this regard will be final.
Terms and Conditions
- Only innovative and original products/working models will be considered for the contest. No software development/programme will be considered for the contest.
- A team will comprise of 4 students (maximum) and one member of the faculty as a mentor.
The application should compulsorily be endorsed by the respective Head of the Institution (HoI) for its novelty and innovation. The team must upload the endorsement and the approval of the concerned HoI while submitting the online application.
- The projects which have won prizes in any State level or National level contest are not eligible to participate in TECHFEST.
- The shortlisted teams selected to participate in the final event should compulsorily make a physical working prototype to be displayed at the venue.
- KSCSTE has the right to alter the guidelines which may or may not be intimated to the participants in advance.