To be eligible, an applicant must –
- Be a citizen of India
- Hold at least a master’s degree by June 2023 with a good academic record*
- Demonstrate maturity, dependability, integrity and professionalism
- Be fluent in the English language with a valid TOEFL score of not less than 79-80
- Be a young English teacher at a college level or a professional in a related field
*Note – The master’s degree should be in fields such as English language, English/American Literature, American Studies, Linguistics, Comparative Literature, and related areas.
The selected fellows under this program will receive variable awards.
Documents to be sent with the application form:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Three letters of reference
- Online application form
- Three essays: Objectives and motivations, teaching methodologies and techniques, and sharing your culture.
- Scanned copies of mark sheets or transcripts and diploma/degree certificates
- Scanned copies of proof of work/professional experience (if any)
- scanned copies of TOEFL test score report, if applicable
- Additional documentation is specified in the instructions of the application.
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship by following the steps mentioned below –
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now‘
Step 2: Navigate to the ‘How to Apply’ section and click on the first link.
Step 3: For first time users, click on the ‘Create an Account’ link, whereas registered users click on Login.
Step 4: To register for an account, enter an email address, first and last name, birthday and click on ‘Continue’
Step 5: Enter the pin received through email to activate the account and create a password to complete the process.
Step 6: After successfully creating the account, log in using valid credentials.
Step 7: Fill in the required information step-by-step and upload the required documents s in PDF format as required.
Step 8: Fill in the grant and additional information and submit the form.
***The name must be entered exactly the way it appears (or will appear) on the applicant’s passport.
***For detailed information, kindly go through the ‘Application Detailed Instructions.
Application Deadline – 5th August 2022
The selection will be based on degree results, academic references, statements, and other relevant information.
Terms and Conditions
- The applicant must provide an undertaking to return to India on the completion of the fellowship.
- The candidates having no extensive recent U.S. experience will be given preference.
- Applications of recommended candidates will be forwarded to the U.S. for further review.
- The final selection is dependent on the ability to match requests of U.S. host institutions with the language skills of the candidates.