To be eligible, an applicant must-
- Be 40 years of age (as of the date of submission of application)
- Be an Indian citizen
- Hold a Ph.D. degree in the area of Science and Engineering from recognized institutions in India
- Hold a permanent position in any Indian research and academic institution
- Applicants having MBBS/MD degree and Veterinary doctors are also eligible.
- Applicants having Teachers Associateship for Research Excellence (TARE) award are also eligible to apply.
The selected fellows will receive the following way –
- Monthly fellowship amount equivalent to the US $ 3000, one-time Contingency/Preparatory allowances of INR 75,000 per month to cover visa fees, airport transfer charges, insurance etc.
- Overseas Medical Insurance in India and abroad of INR 20,000 per month
- The shortest route economy class airfare from the place of work in India to the place of the host institute and back
- Biodata of applicant
- Biodata of Overseas Host Scientist
- Consent letter from the host
- Research Plan
- Plagiarism undertaking
- Certificate from Applicant
- Endorsement Letter from the Head of Institution
- Age Proof Certificate (Class X marksheet or Birth certificate)
- Category Certificate (In case of Age Relaxation)
Note – The documents must be uploaded in the specified format.
Follow the below steps to apply for the grant –
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now‘ and read all details.
Step 2: Navigate to the ‘How to Apply Online’ section, click on the given link and fill in the required details to ‘Register’. (Note – If the applicant is already registered, kindly log in using valid credentials.)
Step 3: After successful registration, fill in the required details in the mandatory fields in Profile Detail under User Profile, upload the necessary documents and submit the online application.
Note – The proposal has to be uploaded in a single PDF file not more than 10 MB like other technical documents (OTD).
Application Deadline – 30th August 2022
All the fellows will be selected on the basis of their performance.
Terms and Conditions
- The maximum duration of the abroad visit is limited to 06 months.
- No liability on any of these will be borne by SERB.
- Copy of acceptance letter from the host institution.