To be eligible, an applicant must –
- Be an Indian national
- Be a girl student
- Have a good record of academic excellence
- Have opted for a B.Sc. program in Pure/Natural Science
Note: Preference will be given to students with rural backgrounds, economically weak backgrounds, and interest in scientific research.
- The selected fellows will receive a scholarship worth INR 2.4 lakhs (INR 80,000 per year) for three years of study, which covers the college tuition fees, study expenses and basic living costs.
- The scholars are guided through the crucial stages of their education, apart from having a role model for a career in science with the help of a leading women scientist as a mentor.
The following documents shall be required to be uploaded during the application process:
- Class 10th certificate (mandatory)
- Class 10th marksheet (optional)
- Class 10+2 marksheet (mandatory)
- Class 10+2 certificate (optional)
- Income certificate (mandatory for household income less than INR 5 lakhs)
- Disability certificate (mandatory for PwD candidates)
How can you apply?
The eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship using the below-mentioned steps –
Step 1: Click on the “Apply Now” and read the details carefully.
Step 2: Navigate to the ‘Apply Now’ and click to access the online application form.
Step 3: Fill in the required details, upload the documents and submit.
Note – The applicant needs to have a confirmed admission offer in any one of the listed colleges. Admission slips will need to be submitted to avail of the scholarship.
Application Deadline – 31st August 2022
The applicants will be selected based on merit in Class 12 and overall academic record.
Terms and Conditions
The scholarship will be given only to students who have confirmed admissions to any of the colleges listed below –
- Bangalore – Christ University, Mount Carmel College, St Joseph’s College, The Oxford College of Science
- Chennai – Madras Christian College, Stella Maris College, Women’s Christian College
- Delhi -Miranda House, Hindu College, St. Stephen’s College, Kirori Mal College, Hansraj College, ARSD, Gargi College
- Hyderabad – St. Francis Degree College for Women, St. Ann’s College for Women
- Kolkata – Vivekananda College, Madhyamgram
- Mumbai – Mithibai College, St Xavier’s College, Sophia College for Women
- The final disbursement of the Scholarship amount to the applicant shall be made on the basis of the fee receipt evidencing part payment, submitted by the applicant.
- DRF reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law to reject or disqualify any application.
- DRF reserves the right, to use the photograph/profile of the scholarship applicant/beneficiary for future publication use, disclosures, and communication purposes with DRF’s stakeholders.
- The students who receive the scholarship must be regular in attendance and pass all performance parameters as decided by the competent authority of the school/college/University.
- DRF reserves its right to independently verify and assess the claims made by candidates/beneficiaries regarding their family financial status.
- This is a beneficiary scheme of DRF and is not a matter of right to be claimed by candidates of economically weaker sections of society or otherwise.