To be eligible, the applicant must –
- Be an Indian national
- Hold a bachelor’s or equivalent academic degree
- Have completed the first academic degree (Bachelor’s or comparable degree) no more than twelve years ago*
- Have good knowledge of English and/or German
*Note – The key date for calculating this twelve-year period is 1 October 2023.
The selected candidates will receive the following awards –
- A monthly fellowship grant of 2,170 Euros, 2,470 Euros or 2,770 Euros – depending on the training and career level
- An intensive language course before the applicant begins the fellowship and funding for German courses during the fellowship
- Individual support during the stay in Germany
- Additional financial support, e.g. for accompanying family members, travel expenses, full private health insurance or for an additional German language course.
- Letter of motivation (max. 2 pages)
- Project plan (max. 3 pages)
- An extensive statement including mentoring agreement from your host in Germany
- Two letters of recommendation (not more than 12 months old) from individuals who can provide information on your professional, personal and/or academic background
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the fellowship –
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below and read all details.
Step 2: Click on the “Register” to continue with the application process. (Note – If the applicant is already registered, please log in using valid credentials.)
Step 3: Fill in the required information step-by-step and attach the relevant documents.
Step 4: Submit the application form.