To be eligible, an applicant must –
- Be below 45 years of age as on the date of submission of application
- Hold a nationality of any of the ASEAN Member State
- Hold a master’s degree in Natural Sciences or an equivalent degree in Technology/Engineering/Medicine/allied disciplines
- Be working/studying in any National R&D or academic institution in the home ASEAN member country
- Be fluent in the English language
- The applicants who have already availed of the Research Training Fellowship (RTF) are not eligible to apply again.
- Indian nationals are not eligible for the fellowship.
- Applicants who have availed of any fellowship scheme of the Government of India during the last 3 years are not eligible to apply.
- The proposed research work in India must be linked/connected to any of the ongoing research projects/schemes of the Indian host institute.
A total of 50 fellows will be selected under this fellowship scheme. The fellowship includes the following benefits –
- A consolidated Fellowship amount of INR60,000 per month
- A one-time grant of INR 40,000 as research contingency expenses, airport transfers, domestic travel for attending scientific/events and field trips within India
Institutional overhead charges of INR 2,500 per month
- Round trip international airfare by lowest economy class and by the shortest route from the international airport in the home country of the applicant to the international airport nearest to the host institution in India including visa fees, overseas medical insurance etc.
The individual fellow or the fellow’s government/institution is required to bear the following costs –
- All expenses in the home country incidental to travel abroad, including expenditure incurred to obtain a passport and visa
- All medical examinations and vaccinations and miscellaneous expenses such as internal travel to/ from the international airport of departure in the home country
- Salary and other related allowances in the home country during the fellowship period (if applicable)
Neither the AISTDF nor the host institution in India will take any responsibility for the following expenditure of the fellows during the tenure of the fellowship –
- Compensation in the event of death, disability or loss of personal belongings or compensation for damage caused by climatic or other conditions
- Travel and other costs incurred by the dependents (who might accompany the fellows)
- The allowance will be released to the host institution in India for disbursement to the fellow. The host Institution will arrange appropriate accommodation for the fellow based on payment.
- The selected fellow is advised to take an appropriate policy for health insurance coverage for the period of stay in India. The cost of obtaining an overseas insurance policy is covered and reimbursable under AISTDF.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) of applicant
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) of Indian host
- Copy of relevant pages of valid passport
- A copy of the endorsement letter from the present employer
- A copy of the acceptance letter from any Indian scientist/institution for hosting the applicant, if selected
Documents to be submitted after fellowship approval –
- Letter of acceptance by Parent Institute
- Letter of consent by Indian Host Institute
- RTGS details of Indian Host Institute (Endorsed by Institute)
- Itinerary options (Tickets to be booked by AI-RTF Secretariat)
- Joining notification (By Indian Host Institution)
Note – The documents must be uploaded in the prescribed format.
How can you apply?
The applicant has to follow these steps in order to apply –
Step 1: Click on the “Apply Now” button below and read the instructions carefully.
Step 2: Navigate to ‘How to Apply Online’ and click on the given link to register.
Step 3: After successful registration, fill the mandatory fields in the profile detail section under User Profile, which includes biodata, photo, institute address, etc.
Step 4: Upload the necessary documents and submit.
- Some of the details of the proposal like project title, project summary, keywords, objectives of project, expected output and outcome of the proposal etc. have to be entered at the time of proposal submission.
- Other relevant information about the proposal has to be uploaded as a single PDF file, not more than 10 MB.