To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be a dependent ward of ex-RPF/RPSF personnel or widow
- Be pursuing a regular professional or technical degree course (B.E, B.Tech, MBBS, MCA, BCA, B.Pharma, B.Ed, BBS, BCA, MCA, etc) in an institution recognised by the Government Regulatory Bodies such as the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Medical Council of India (MCI), University Grants Commission (UGC), National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) etc. (Note – Only the Institutes/Universities/Colleges having All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE) regulation will be permissible.)
- Have secured 60% and above marks in Minimum Educational Qualification (MEQ) i.e. Class 12, diploma/graduation
Note – The scholarship is admissible for only two wards per family and should be ensured by the beneficiaries as well as by the concerned zonal Railways/RPSF.
A total of 150 scholarships will be disbursed under this scheme. The amount of scholarship would be as follow:
- INR 2,500 per month for male students
- INR 3,000 per month for female students
Note – The payment of scholarship will be granted after approval of the DG/RPF as per the order of merit in each year.
Following documents shall be uploaded while applying for the scholarship online:
- Service Certificate issued by respective offices of the serving personnel for category 4.
- A copy of the PPO/discharge certificate/book for Categories 1, 2, and 3.
- Duly attested scanned copy of marksheet/grade card of Class 12/diploma/graduation.
Note – For detailed information about categories, kindly refer to the ‘Scholarship Guidelines’.
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps –
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link below.
Step 2: Navigate to ‘Applicant Corner’and click on ‘New Registration’.
Step 3: Now click on ‘Click here for other Scholarship Schemes hosted on NSP for AY 2022-23’.
Step 4: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and ‘Continue’.
Step 5: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category (Pre Matric), scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, and write the applicant’s name, date of birth, mobile number, and email ID.
Step 6: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 7: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the ‘Register’ button.
Step 8: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 9: Now, log in using OTP and fill out the application form.
Step 10: After successful submission of the application form, an application ID and password will be generated which can be used for future references.
Note – All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill in only one application as multiple applications will cancel the form.