To be eligible, an applicant must –
- be a citizen of India
- be a domicile of Karnataka or should have studied at least for 6 years in Karnataka
- be 35 years of age [Note – Up to 5 years age relaxation will be given in case of women/specially abled candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC)/Scheduled Tribes (ST).]
- have confirmed Ph.D. registration for full-time under Ph.D. programme of any UGC/AICTE recognized University/Institution/College in Karnataka on or after 12th October 2020
- have successfully completed the Ph.D. coursework
- possess a master’s degree or equivalent with at least 60% marks
The selected candidates will receive INR 20,000 per month. The fellowship will be initially for one year and will be extended further for 2 more years based on progress. The maximum duration of the fellowship will not be more than 3 years.
The candidates are required to submit the following documents in a single PDF file –
- Matriculation Certificate
- Photograph and Signature
- Karnataka Domicile Certificate or Study Certificate for at least 6 years Degree
Certificates – Marks cards of all the semesters followed by a convocation certificate
Postgraduate degree certificates – score cards of all the semesters followed by convocation certificate
- NET/SLET/GATE/GPAT certificate
- Ph.D. Registration Certificate
- Ph.D. Course work marks card/completion certificate
- Award letter for already availing fellowship from other agencies, if applicable
- Specially abled certificate, if applicable
- SC/ST certificate, if applicable
- Declaration from Research supervisor in prescribed format (Signed copy on Institutional letterhead)
- Certificate from Head of the Institution in prescribed format (Signed copy on Institutional letterhead)
Note – The maximum file size of the pdf document containing all the documents is 25 MB.
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the fellowship by following the below-mentioned steps –
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button.
Step 2: Click on the given application link.
Step 3: Fill in the required details, upload the documents and submit.