To be eligible, an applicant must –
- be pursuing a regular course at Colleges/Institutions recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and respective Regulatory Bodies concerned
- be above the 80th percentile of successful candidates in the relevant stream from the respective Board of Examination in Class 12 of 10+2 pattern or equivalent
- have an annual family income of not more than INR 4.5 lakh from all sources
- not be in receipt of any other scholarship
Note: Students pursuing degree courses through distance mode or correspondence and diploma courses are not eligible.
The students selected for this scholarship are provided financial support which varies depending on their education level.
- At the Graduation Level – INR 10,000 per annum for the first three years of College and University courses
- At the Postgraduation Level – INR 20,000 per annum
- For 5-year Professional Course/Integrated course – INR 20,000 per annum will be provided in the 4th and 5th years
- For Technical courses such as B.E./B.Tech. degree up to graduation level – INR 12,000 per annum for 1st, 2nd and 3rd year and INR 20,000 in the 4th year
Note – The rate of scholarship is INR 10,000 per annum for the first three years of fresh/renewal scholarships with respect to the academic year 2021-22, even if the actual release happens in FY 2022-23.
- Aadhaar card (Note – In case aadhaar the applicant doesn’t have aadhaar card, alternatives like aadhaar enrolment Id slip, an application made for aadhaar enrolment, voter ID card, driving license, PAN, passport, etc., can be used.)
- Class 12th marksheet
- Income certificate
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps –
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link below.
Step 2: Navigate to ‘Applicant Corner’and click on ‘New Registration’.
Step 3: Now click on ‘Click here for other Scholarship Schemes hosted on NSP for AY 2022-23’.
Step 4: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and ‘Continue’.
Step 5: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category (Pre Matric), scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, and write the applicant’s name, date of birth, mobile number, and email ID.
Step 6: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 7: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the ‘Register’ button.
Step 8: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 9: Now, log in using OTP and fill out the application form.
Step 10: After successful submission of the application form, an application ID and password will be generated which can be used for future references.
Note – All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill in only one application as multiple applications will cancel the form.