To be eligible, an applicant must –
- belong to the minority community (Muslim, Sikh, Christian, Buddhist, Jain, and Zoroastrian/Parsi)
- be studying in Class 11,12, graduate, postgraduate, technical or vocational courses, M.Phil. or Ph.D. degree
- Have secured at least 50% marks or equivalent grades in the previous final examination
- Have an annual family income of less than INR 2.5 lakh from all the sources
The selected candidates will receive the scholarship in the following way –
- Admission and tuition fee Class 11 and 12 – INR 7,000 per annum subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)
- Admission and course/tuition fee for technical and vocational courses of 11 and 12 level (Courses of one or more years of duration) – INR 10,000 per annum subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)
- Admission and tuition fee for UG & PG level – INR 3,000 per annum subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)
Maintenance Allowance –
- For Class 11 and 12 including Tech. & Voc. Course* – INR 380 per month for Hosteller & INR 230 per month for Day Scholar
- For Courses other than Tech. & Prof. courses at UG & PG level* – INR 570 per month for Hosteller & INR 300 per month for Day Scholar
- For M.Phil & Ph.D.* – INR 1,200 per month for Hosteller & INR 550 per month for Day Scholar
*Note – For 10 months in an academic year.
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps –
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link below.
Step 2: Navigate to ‘Applicant Corner’and click on ‘New Registration’.
Step 3: Now click on ‘Click here for other Scholarship Schemes hosted on NSP for AY 2022-23’.
Step 4: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and ‘Continue’.
Step 5: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category (Pre Matric), scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, and write the applicant’s name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
Step 6: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 7: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the ‘Register’ button.
Step 8: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 9: Now, log in using OTP and fill the application form.
Step 10: After successful submission of the application form, an application ID and password will be generated which can be used for future references.
Note – All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill in only one application as multiple applications will cancel the form.