To be eligible, an applicant must –
- be below 35 years of age as on the first day of April for selection year
- belong to Scheduled Castes (SC)/Denotified Nomadic Tribes, Semi-Nomadic Tribes/Landless Agricultural Labourers/Traditional Artisans
- be willing to pursue a master’s level course and Ph.D. degree abroad
- have obtained at least 60% marks or equivalent grade in relevant master’s degree (For Ph.D. applicants)
- have obtained at least 60% marks or equivalent grade in relevant bachelor’s degree (For Master’s applicants)
- have an annual family income not exceeding INR 8,00,000 per annum
Note – In case a student has completed a Bachelor of Engineering after completing diploma (lateral entry to 2nd year), the percentage of marks obtained in the Bachelor’s degree will be taken into account.
The prescribed financial assistance will be provided upto completion of
the course/research or the following period, whichever is earlier:-
- Ph.D. degree – 4 years
- Master’s degree – 3 years
|Type of Assistance
|United States of America (USA) & other countries except UK
|United Kingdom (UK)
|Annual Maintenance Allowance
|15,400 US Dollars
|9,900 Great Britain Pounds
|1,500 US Dollars
|1,100 Great Britain Pounds
- Tuition fees – Actual as charged
- Visa fees – Actual visa fees in INR (Indian Rupees)
- Medical Insurance Premium – Actual as charged
- Incidental Journey Allowance & Equipment Allowance – 20 US Dollars for each or its equivalent in Indian Rupees (INR)
- Air Passage –
- The awardees shall be allowed to purchase air tickets (from the nearest Airport to their Hometown in India to the nearest place to the educational institution and back to India) from the three authorized travel agents viz. Balmer Lawrie & Company Limited (BLCL), Ashok Travels & Tours (ATT), Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd (IRCTC) with the condition that the ticket purchased must be of economy class/shortest route on the date of booking.
- The choice of the travel agent for booking the ticket is left open to the awardees. No Booking charges/excess baggage/cancellation charges & other add-ons will be reimbursed to awardees.
- The awardees will claim reimbursement of airfare from their respective Indian Mission abroad after joining the University and providing a joining report from University.
- Return tickets will be booked by Indian Mission abroad as per clause 11(iii).
- The Contingency allowance is allowed for books/ essential apparatus/ study tour/ travel costs for attending the subject-related conferences, workshops etc./ typing and binding of thesis etc.
- The fees charged by the university/ institutions that are directly related to the studies of the scholarship awardees such as student service fees, student amenity fees, student service and amenity Fees, registration fees, examination fees, enrollment fees, library fees etc. However, the fee for English or any other language course either before joining the course or during the course is not allowed.
- The awardees are permitted to supplement their prescribed allowances by undertaking research/ teaching assistantship.
- Second or coach class railway fare from the port of disembarkation to the place of study and back. In case of far-flung places not connected by rail, bus fare(s) from the place of residence to the nearest railway station, the actual charge of crossing by ferry, airfare to the nearest railcum-air station and/or second class railway fare by the shortest route to the port of embarkation and back will be permissible.
- The mode of disbursement of above listed financial assistance will be decided by the Government of India and Indian Missions abroad.
- In case a selected student pursuing research visits India for study/ research purposes under the NOS scheme with approval from the respective Indian Mission and concerned University, the rate of maintenance allowances etc. in India will be applicable as per the rate under the National Fellowship Scheme for Scheduled Castes (SC) implemented by Ministry of SJ&E.
- Caste/ category certificate
- Date of birth certificate
- Scanned signature
- Current address proof
- Permanent address proof
- Qualifying marksheet/ degree
- Valid document regarding admission to Foreign University
- Income certificate of all family members contributing to the household issued by a Revenue Officer, not below the rank of “Tehsildar”
- Employer’s NOC certificate (if the applicant is employed)
In case of selection of the candidate, then issued Provisional Award Letter under the scheme of National Overseas Scholarship for SC etc. The applicant is required to submit the following –
- Attestation form
- Copy of passport
- Self Declaration/Undertaking regarding total annual family income
- Self-declaration regarding any pending case/non-conviction of offence
How can you apply?
Eligible applicants can apply for the scholarship by following the below-mentioned steps –
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button.
Step 2: Click on the ‘Register’ button and fill in the required details to ‘Register’. (Note – If already registered, log in using Gmail/Mobile number/Email Id.)
Step 3: Fill in the required details to ‘Register’. (Note – If the applicant is already registered, kindly log in using their valid credentials)
Step 4: After successful registration, enter personal details, address, foreign university details, etc.
Step 5: Enter educational and employment details, visa details, etc.
Step 6: Upload the required documents and submit the online application.