To be eligible, an applicant must –
- be an Indian citizen
- have a regular position in India
- be below 35 years of age on the last date of submission of application [Note – Age relaxation of 5 years is applicable for SC/ST/OBC, Women and Physically Handicapped category]
- hold a Ph.D. degree in any branch of Life Sciences, Computational Sciences (applied to Biotechnology, Medicine or Biological Sciences), Veterinary Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences and Agricultural Sciences
- hold a master’s degree in Medicine or Dentistry (MD/MS/MDS or IMC designated equivalent) and Engineering/Technology (M.Tech. degree or AICTE designated equivalent)
- have an excellent academic track record
- have published high-quality papers in the best journals or invented technologies as evidenced by granted Indian and/or International patents
- have completed 3 years in India after joining of regular position in India and published high-quality papers in the best journals [Note – The published work after joining in Indian institutions will be considered only for the screening and selection for award of fellowship]
The selected candidates will receive a research grant including recurring (consumable, contingency, manpower, domestic travel and overhead) support for a proposed innovative project.
The selected candidates will also receive a cash fellowship of INR 1,30,000 every year for a period of three years along with non-recurring support in the first year only for the procurement of equipment essentially required for carrying out the research activities of the proposed project.
Degree/ certificate/ marksheet
How can you apply?
Eligible applicants can apply for the opportunity by following the below-mentioned steps –
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now‘ button.
Step 2: Click on the ‘Register’ button and fill in the required details to ‘Register’. (Note- If already registered, log in using Gmail/Mobile number/Email Id.)
Step 3: Navigate to the ‘How to Apply’ section at the bottom of the page and click on it.
Step 4: Fill in the required details, upload the necessary documents and submit.