The “Back-to-Lab” programme of Women Scientists Division offers Research and Post-Doctoral Fellowship to women who have break in their career, to facilitate their re-entry in science research. The fellowship is provided normally for a period of 2 years. The scheme is open to unemployed women who are permanent residents of Kerala and qualified with Ph.D. in Science or Engineering.
- The scheme offers Post-doctoral fellowship of 45,000/-+ 10 % HRA p.m. along with an annual contingency grant of Rs.75,000/-.
- Duration of the Fellowship is limited to maximum 2 years
- Only women candidates are eligible to apply
- Applicant should be a Permanent Resident of Kerala.
- Applicant should be unemployed and should be under career-break due to family commitments or other related matters, at the time of application.
- Applicant should not receiving any emoluments from any source at the time of application.
- Those who have availed KSCSTE Back-to-Lab Fellowship earlier for their Ph.D programme are not eligible to apply.
- Age limit: 40 years – as on the date of application, relaxable for 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST
- Applicant should have qualified Ph.D. as on the date of application and should have scored minimum 60% marks for post-graduation.
- Applicant should have chosen an institution as Research Centre subject to the following.
- The proposed Research Centre should not be the same as their Ph.D Research centre.
- Research centre should preferably be in Kerala, [however, premier National Institutions viz.,IISER, IIT, IISc etc outside the State shall also be considered ]
- Tenable in Government Institutions only
- Tenable only in R&D institutions (National/State level) or University Departments.
- Applicant should have published at least one research paper in a SCI Journal/ secured patent.
- Those who have already availed one Post-Doctoral Fellowship from KSCSTE or elsewhere are not eligible to apply.
Last date to apply : 15.03.203
How to apply:
- To read the guidelines please click here.
- To enter the online application portal click on apply now.