To be eligible, an applicant must –
- not be less than 17 years of age at the time of application
- have had leprosy or at least one parent had the disease
- be residing in a self-settled leprosy colony
- be pursuing B.Sc. Nursing (Basic) & GNM degree
- be beginning studies/courses in the academic year 2021-22
- be a first-year applicant beginning studies in the academic year 2022-21
Note – Applicants opting for B.Sc. (Basic Nursing) must have cleared their higher secondary education (10+2) from a recognized school with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
The selected students will receive monthly/annual financial support.
- Passport-size photographs of the applicant
- Self-attested copies of the following documents –
- Birth certificate or proof of date of birth
- Marksheets of Class 10 and 12 board exam
- Leprosy certificate of parent/s (treatment certificate from the place where treated or Certificate from District Leprosy Officer or Disability certificate mentioning Hansen’s disease/leprosy)
- Admission letter/call letter issued by the institute to which the applicant has secured admission or else the applicant should provide the Annexure-I
- Proof of admission in a government-recognised institute (Note – In case the student has already gained admission)
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship using the steps listed below –
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now‘ button below and read all details.
Step 2: Click on the ‘Register’ button on the right-hand side of the dashboard and fill in the required details to ‘Register’. (Note – If already registered, log in using the registered email Id.)
Step 3: Navigate to ‘How to Apply’ and click on the given link.
Step 4: Click on ‘Nursing Scholarship, Sasakawa India Leprosy Foundation 2023-24’ and fill in the details to ‘Register’. (Note – If the applicant is already registered, log in using valid credentials.)
Step 5: Fill in the required details, attach the relevant documents, and submit.