To be eligible, an applicant must –
- have completed an equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from a recognized Indian university with at least 55% marks
- possess a four-year bachelor’s degree or have completed a master’s degree OR
- have a full-time postgraduate diploma from a recognized Indian institution, if the bachelor’s degree is of less than four years duration
- have at least three years full-time (paid) professional work experience relevant to the proposed field of study
- demonstrate experience in leadership and community service
- not have another degree from a U.S. university or be enrolled in a U.S. degree program
The selected applicants will receive the following benefits –
- J-1 visa support
- Round-trip economy class air travel from fellow’s home city to the host institution in the U.S.
- Funding for tuition, living and related costs
- Accident and sickness coverage as per U.S. government guidelines
- The Fulbright-Nehru Master’s fellowships provide no financial support for dependents.
- USIEF funding will not cover all costs and the fellow will need to supplement grant benefits with other resources.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)/resume
- Academic degree and mark sheets
- Language test scores
- Letter of invitation
- FNDR annexure form
- FNDR endorsement form
- Study/research objective
- Personal statement
- Writing sample
- Portfolio, if applicable
- Scanned copies of your mark sheets or transcripts and diploma/degree certificates
- Scanned copies of proof of work/professional experience
- Three reference letters
Note – For detailed information, kindly go through the ‘Application Detailed Instructions.
Follow the steps below to apply for the fellowship –
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now‘ button.
Step 2: Click on the ‘Register’ button on the right-hand side of the dashboard and fill in the required details to ‘Register’. (Note – If already registered, log in using the registered email Id.)
Step 3: Navigate to the ‘How to Apply’ section and click on the first link.
Step 4: For first-time users, click on the ‘Create an Account’ link, whereas registered users click on Login.
Step 5: To register for an account, enter an email address, first and last name, birthof date and click on ‘Continue’
Step 6: Enter the pin received through email to activate the account and create a password to complete the process.
Step 7: After successfully creating the account, log in using valid credentials.
Step 8: Fill in the required information step-by-step and upload the required documents s in PDF format as required.
Step 9: Fill in the grant and additional information and submit the form.
- The name must be entered exactly the way it appears (or will appear) on the applicant’s passport.
- For detailed information, kindly go through the ‘Application Detailed Instructions’.