Eligibility Criteria :
Students only pursuing a full-time Graduate/Post Graduate Degree/higher degree from a Recognized Institute within India/ abroad, in any of the following:
- Pursuing Post Graduate Degree/B.Tech/BE from a recognized University or Institution in Chemistry or Biochemistry or Food Technology or Food Science & Technology or Food & Nutrition or Edible Oil Technology or Microbiology or Dairy Technology or Agricultural or horticultural Sciences or Industrial Microbiology or Toxicology or Public Health or Life Science or Biotechnology or Fruit & Vegetable Technology or Food Safety & Quality Assurance.
- Business Administration & Management including policy regulation and related fields.- Only at FSSAI(HQ)
- PG Diploma/Degree in, Journalism, Mass Communication and Public Relations.
- B.E. / B. Tech (Only 3rd and 4th Year students not for 1st or 2nd Year) in Computer Science/Information Technology Software Engineering or related Stream.
- Post Graduate Degree/Diploma in Public Policy Public Administration. – Only for FSSAI (HQ).
- Bachelor/Master of Law.- Only for FSSAI (HQ)
(i). All the students who have completed their above mentioned courses are not eligible and therefore need not to apply.
(ii). Multiple Applications will not be entertained.
(iii). All candidates to ensure that the place for internship that they are opting has the subject/topic available with that place i.e. in case of FSSAI lab only technically qualified candidates will be eligible.
(iv). For any query related to Internship Programme at FSSAI, students may contact through email at email@example.com only
Internship will be available throughout the year at different Points of time, Internship will be offered for duration of upto 02 months, which may be extended to a maximum period of 06 months. No internship of duration less than a month will be offered.
Place of Internship and area/domain available for internship:
- FSSAI (HQRS) New Delhi – Regulation, Human Resource, Legal
- Regional Offices (Kolkata and Chennai) – Food Imports Clearance and Licensing
- National Food Laboratories (Ghaziabad, Kolkata and Chennai) – Food sampling and testing
Interns would be required to have their own laptops. FSSAI shall provide working space, internet facility and other necessities but shall not cover local lodging and travel facilities. FSSAI will not bear the expenses of any Boarding
(a) Interested and eligible students can apply online in the specified format as per the timelines provided by FSSAI. Applicants, who have applied for internship for previous months, need to apply afresh.
(b) The shortlisted candidates may be required to submit a short write up/presentation for final selection.
(c) The final list of selected candidates along with their date of joining and Internship tenure would be declared online on FSSAI website by the respective office where they have opted for internship.
|Starting date of receiving online application||15 September 2023|
|Last date of receiving online application||20 September 2023|
|Announcement of Shortlisted candidates||25 September 2023|
|Date of Joining||First/Second week of October 2023|
(d) At the time of joining, Intern would be required to carry a letter from their Institute indicating his/her status in the Institution as a student and “No Objection Certificate” for allowing him/her to undergo Internship Program for the period for which he/she is selected, if applicable. A character certificate from the authority of the Institute, along with proof of educational qualifications as mentioned in the
application form would also need to be submitted at the time of joining for internship.
(e) Since, Internship scheme will be scheduled quarterly throughout the year, hence any request for extension of joining time by the interns for more than a week will not be accepted.
- A stipend of Rs. 10,000/- (Rupees ten thousand only) for the entire internship period will be given to the deserving Interns on the recommendation of the Office/Division that they are attached with by the respective FSSAI (HQ)/Regional Offices/Laboratories.
- The criteria for deserving interns will be decided based on their (a) attendance, (b) assessment by their respective reporting officers; and (c) evaluation of the report by the Committee.