To be eligible, an applicant must:-
- be an Indian national residing in India
- be below 55 years of age as on the closing date of the application
- possess a Ph.D. degree in Life Sciences, Agriculture, Veterinary Science, OR
- hold a master’s degree in Medical Sciences, Engineering, or an equivalent degree in Biotechnology/related areas
- hold a minimum of 5 years of post-doctoral research experience in a reputed national laboratory/university/institute
- have an outstanding track record of research publications in peer-reviewed journals and significant contributions to the development of technologies or products
The selected fellow will receive a fellowship is ₹25,000 per month in addition to a regular salary from the host institute.
In addition, each fellow will receive a contingency grant annually for meeting the expenses on consumables, equipment, domestic travel, manpower, and other contingent expenditures to be incurred in connection with the implementation of ongoing research projects under the fellowship.
Note: A fellow who receives a salary from an international organisation may be eligible to receive a separate research grant, specifically for contingency expenses, in addition to their salary.
- Application proforma in the prescribed format
- Birth proof including Birth certificate, Passport, Aadhaar card, Voter ID, etc.
- Academic transcripts including marksheet and certificates of PhD and Master’s
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) highlighting details related to education, research experience, publications, and achievements
- Proof of Indian nationality including Passport copy, Aadhaar card copy, or other government-issued document, etc.
- Two recommendation letters from senior scientists familiar with the applicant’s work
- A detailed list of peer-reviewed publications with full references
- An original and detailed research proposal outlining the proposed project for the fellowship
Eligible students can apply for the fellowship through the following steps:-
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now‘
Step 2: Click on the ‘Register’ button and fill in the required registration details. (Note:- If already registered, log in using Gmail/Mobile number/Email ID).
Step 3: Fill in the required details, upload the necessary documents, and submit.