One of the recent trends that is going to have a positive impact on the higher education space is the implementation of Learning Management Systems or LMS. LMS will help educational institutions to design and develop a more efficient and effective higher education system. From a students’ perspective, LMS will come in handy to track the students’ progress and LMS platforms specifically developed for higher education institutions will surely help to improve the educational standards of both the students as well as the teachers. There are various LMS software available in the market as of now and some of the most effective ones are
1. SAP Litmos: One of the leading LMS platforms, SAP Litmos is known for its option to customize learning paths and the software will also help to track your progress
2. TalentLMS: This is a cloud-based LMS software and TalentLMS will allow you to simplify the entire process of how online seminars and courses are conducted by the users
3. LearnUpon: As a web-based LMS, LearnUpon will help educational institutions to keep track of the entire learning process and knowledge building and this LMS software also includes a feature for automated certifications
4. Docebo: This is one of the most sought after e-learning solution providers and Docebo offers a plethora of integrated features that are essential in the current education scenario
Read also: Top 10 Engineering Institutes in India as per NIRF Ranking 2019
Now let’s take a look at some of the reasons why LMS will become a staple for students and schools alike in the coming years
1. Offers Infinite Access to E-learning Materials: Once the e-learning materials are uploaded into the LMS system by the creator then their audience will have infinite access to that information. With the help of smart devices, the audience can log in to the software at any place and at any time making the entire process of learning much more convenient and simple
2. Helps you to Organize all the E-learning Contents in a Single Location: Instead of the content being spread out in various places, LMS allows you to store and access the contents in a single location which allows you to easily access all of your e-learning materials. This helps you to reduce the chances of losing important contents and because of the fact that all the content is stored in a remote server, each and every one of your audience will also have easy access to the content.
3. Helps in Tracking Progress: LMS allows the students to keep track of their learning progress and this will also help them to know whether or not they are performing up to par. If one of the learners is not performing well and is not meeting the expectations set, then the content creator can provide extra materials and supplements to that learner to help him in his learning process.
4. Reduces the Overall Time and Cost of Learning: LMS acts as an integrated learning and training provider and this helps to reduce the overall cost and time spend for education. As everything is done online, LMS allows you to optimize the learning process and you are given the opportunity to learn the content according to your schedule. The learners can also participate in online quizzes and tests to understand where they are standing when it comes to their learning.
5. Integration of Social Learning: LMS integrates social learning to your e-learning process seamlessly and includes links to various social media platforms that will be beneficial for the learners. One can also use this as a marketing platform to market your courses on social media sites to reach out and attract new and aspiring learners and also develop e-learning exercises for peer to peer collaboration.
Within the short period of its introduction, LMS has developed into an essential e-learning tool that offers quintessential services and options for the users.
Courtesy: Higher Education Review
Download uLektz Apps for Latest Educational News / Events / Scholarships
Follow us: #facebook #twitter #linkedin also enroll our skill course