Hotel management involves the study of House-Keeping, Food & Beverage Service, Food Production, Dietetics and Nutrition, Tourism Management, Catering Technology, Accommodation Operations & Management, Culinary Arts and Kitchen Administration (Chef Training), Bartending, front office etc.
Entry & Selection process
As per Govt. of India policy, NCHM joint Entrance Exam 2019 will be conducted by “National Testing Agency” Govt. of India for admission to “3 years 6 semesters B.Sc. (HHA) Program” in more than 63 IHMs (Govt. as well as Private) under the academic umbrella of NCHMCT.
10+2 or equivalent exam for diploma and graduation courses
Training in Hotels as apprentice
Some hotels take candidates as apprentices after 12th and some experience in the hotel industry or after graduation.
1. Diploma in Food & Beverages
2. Diploma in Front Office
3. Diploma in House Keeping
4. Diploma in Dietetics and Nutrition
5. Diploma Front Office and Tourism
6. Diploma in Teaching of hotel Management
7. Diploma in Hotel Management & Catering Technology
8. Diploma in Culinary Arts and Kitchen Administration (Chef Training).
9. Bachelor in Hotel Management
10. BSc in Hospitality and Hotel Administration
11. BSc Hotel Management
12. MSc in Hospitality Administration
13. PG Diploma in Accommodation Operations & Management
1. National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology, New Delhi.
2. Delhi Institute of Hotel Management, New Delhi
3. Dr Ambedkar Institute of HotelManagement, Chandigarh
4. Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology & Nutrition at Srinagar,
Chandigarh, New Delhi, Lucknow,
Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Goa, Mumbai,
Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad,
Bhubaneswar, Kolkata, Gwalior.
5. International Institute of Hotel Management at Kolkata
6. Army Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology at Bangalore
7. Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi (http://www.ignou.ac.in/)
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn.