ISRO will soon begin online applications for a free online courses on space technology for school teachers. The online course called ‘Space Technology and Applications will be conducted from 31 May to 4 June 2021. The course aims at raising awareness and capacity building of school teachers on the use of space technology and its applications. Online applications for the course will begin on the Indian Institute of Remote Sensing website from 5 May 2021 onwards.
The course has a limited number of seats, and hence learners will be accepted on a first-come-first-serve basis, says the organization. The course will be most suited for school teachers who teach classes 9 to 12 across all boards. However, it would b most suited for teachers teaching science, mathematics, or geography. Those who are unable to register may also watch the classes live on the IIRS-Edusat YouTube channel.
What the ISRO Free Online Course on Space Technology Will Cover?
The course will cover the following topics over a period of five days to give participating teachers an understanding of space technology:
- Space technology and the Indian space program.
- Satellite communication and navigation technology and its applications.
- Satellite meteorology and weather applications.
- Planetary science.
- Astronomy and space science.
- Satellite-based earth observations and remote sensing technology.
- Remote sensing applications in governance.
The course will also demonstrate experiments on reading satellite imageries for information extraction and provide geodata access from online data repositories and problem-solving using GIS.
How to Apply for ISRO Free Online Course on Space Technology?
Interested participants can begin online applications by doing the following:
- Participating school teachers will have to create their account on the IIRS e-learning website and activate the account through a link that will be sent through email.
- An online application will have to be filled, and proof of employment should be submitted as well.
- After the application is reviewed, and an applicant is approved they will receive an admission email with login credentials of the IIRS E-CLASS platform.
- Participants will have to attend classes as per schedule, and their attendance will be automatically recorded.
- An option to provide feedback on the course will also be given.
How to Receive ISRO Certificate for Free Online Course?
The participants attaining 70% attendance will be awarded a course participation certificate from IIRS ISRO, and certificates will be sent to the registered email address. Those who wish to enroll in the course are advised to visit the official website for more information.
COURTESY – DATAQUEST