About the Program
SERB Science and Technology Award for Research (SERB-STAR) 2021-22 Deadline 28-Jul-2021
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Have completed the individual-centric SERB project in previous three financial years with “Excellent” grading
- Be a PI of such projects (Note: Co-PIs are not eligible)
- Hold a regular academic/research position in a recognized academic institution or national laboratories or any other recognized R&D institutions
- Be within 40 to 50 years of age as on December 31 of the year in which the call is made
The selected fellows will get the following awards:
- A fellowship of INR 15,000 per month
- Research grant of INR 10 lakh per annum
- INR 1 lakh per annum as overhead charges for a period of three years
- Project completion report (PCR)
- List of publications resulting from the completed project (if any)
- Reprints of publications (if applicable)
- Details of patents from the completed project (if any)
- Patent documents (if applicable)
- Documents related to technology transfer (if any)
- List of complete publications, patents and any other significant contribution
- Certificate from PI
- Endorsement certificate
- Technical Document
Follow the steps below to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Register at SERB online portal
Step 2: Make log-in and fill all the required details.
Step 3: Under ‘Form Submission’, choose the scheme: ‘STAR’ and fill the nomination form.
Step 4: After filling the details, send STAR nomination form to the Nominator.
Step 5: Nominator would receive intimation via email with a link to SERB online portal, to view the filled-in STAR Nomination form.
Step 6: Nominator has to submit the nomination to SERB.
Step 7: Once submitted, PI and Nominator will receive an intimation regarding the successful submission.
The start date for application: 15th June 2021
Application deadline: 28th July 2021
The selection by a competent committee will be based on the performance of completed projects and other research work would carry a top-up weightage.
Terms and Conditions:
1. PIs who have an ongoing fellowship/honorarium such as JC Bose Fellowship, Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize, Swarnajayanti Fellowship, etc. are not eligible for this fellowship.
2. Candidates who are nominated for SERB STAR but are unsuccessful can be re-nominated for consideration in the following year subject to fulfilling other eligibility criteria.
3. A nomination shall be made by the Head of the Institution of the nominee.
4. Up-to 30 awards per year and not more than 90 at any time will be given.
Courtesy – buddy4study.com