About the Program
The VJNT, OBC and SBC Welfare Department, Government of Maharashtra is inviting applications from OBC students studying in Class 11 to PhD level and residing in Maharashtra for Post Matric Scholarship to OBC Students, Maharashtra 2020-21. The selected students will get variable awards.
Post Matric Scholarship to OBC Students, Maharashtra 2020-21
To be eligible, an applicant must –
- Be a resident of Maharashtra
- Belong to OBC community
- Have parents/guardian’s annual income less than or equal to INR 1,00,000
- Be pursuing studies at post-matric level (Class 11 to PhD level)
- Have got admission through CAP round (if applied for a professional course)
- Maintain 75% attendance for the current year
Note: If the applicants are boys, two boys of the same family can apply for this scholarship. However, in the case of girls, any number of girls from the same family can apply.
Eligible OBC applicants are paid maintenance allowance as follows:
- For Course Group A – INR 425 per month for hostellers and INR 190 per month for day-scholars
- For Course Group B – INR 290 per month for hostellers and INR 190 per month for day-scholars
- For Course Group C – INR 290 per month for hostellers and INR 190 per month for day-scholars
- For Course Group D – INR 230 per month for hostellers and INR 120 per month for day-scholars
- For Course Group E – INR 150 per month for hostellers and INR 90 per month for day-scholars
- Caste certificate issued by a competent authority (This certificate considered as proof of residence)
- Income certificate/Income Declaration issued by a competent authority
- Caste validity certificate (Mandatory for professional degree courses, professional postgraduate courses)
- HSC or SSC mark sheet or last examination mark sheet
- Gap certificate (Mandatory in case of a gap)
- Father/Guardians death certificate (If applicable)
- Ration card for identifying the number of children in the family
- Leaving certificate
- Declaration certificate of parents/guardians for the number of children beneficiaries
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through following steps –
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
Step 2: Click on ‘New Applicant Registration’.
Step 3: Fill in all required details, verify the email and the phone number and register.
Step 4: Complete the Aadhaar authentication process either through OTP or biometric.
Step 5: The candidates will receive an OTP on their registered mobile number if they opt for OTP authentication.
Step 6: Complete the registration process by filling in all the required details.
Step 7: Log in using the username and password.
Step 8: Complete the scholarship application, upload necessary documents and submit.
Application deadline: 05th August 2021
Terms and Conditions:
- If an applicant gets admission in a government hostel, he/she will be eligible only for 1/3rd amount of hostel fee.
- For OBC applicants studying in private unaided institutions, fees structure of government-aided institutions will be applicable only for non-professional courses (tuition fees, exam fees and other fees)
- If an applicant fails in particular year then he will get the Tuition Fees, Exam Fees and Maintenance allowance of that particular academic year but he/she will not get the benefit until he/she gets promoted to next higher class.
- No scholarship will be paid to the applicants under this scheme from the date he/she accepts another scholarship/stipend.
- The applicant will be eligible for the scholarship, if he/she changes the course from non–professional to professional but will not be eligible, if he/she changes the course from professional to non – professional.
Courtesy – buddy4study.com