About the Program
Generation Google Scholarship for Women in Computer Science 2022 is an initiative for bachelor’s degree holders. This scholarship aims to help students pursuing computer science degrees excel in technology and become leaders in the field. The scholarship will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, innovation, and academic performance. The selected candidate will receive a scholarship of $1,000 USD for the 2022-2023 school year.
Generation Google Scholarship for Women in Computer Science 2022, Deadline: 10-Dec-2021
To be eligible, an applicant must –
- Be currently enrolled as a full-time student in a Bachelor’s degree for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Be in your 2nd year of study at an accredited university in Asia Pacific country when completing the scholarship program.
- Be studying Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a closely related technical field.
- Demonstrate a strong academic record.
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate a passion for improving the representation of underrepresented groups in Computer Science and Technology.
- The selected candidate will receive a scholarship of $1,000 USD for the 2022-2023 school year.
- General background information (e.g. contact information and details about your current and intended universities)
- Resume/CV highlighting technical projects and participation in community engagement
- Academic transcripts from your current institutions (and prior, if applicable)
- Responses to two short answer essay questions (refer to terms and conditions*)
- 15 minute “meet and greet” per shortlist participant
- Google Online Challenge (Invitation to the challenge will be sent 5-7 working days post-application deadline)
How can you apply?
The eligible candidate can apply for the scholarship by using the below-mentioned steps –
Step 1: Click on the “Apply Now” and read all the details carefully.
Step 2: Fill in the required details, upload the supporting documents and submit it.
IMPORTANT: Before starting the application, please have the following ready for upload –
- PDF copy of your resume
- PDF copy of your current or most recent transcript (unofficial is acceptable)
- PDF copy of your two short-answer responses
- Application Deadline: 10th December 2021 at 11:59 PM IST
- The selection will be based on the eligibility criteria.
Terms and Conditions:
- The two short answer essay questions below are intended to assess your commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and financial need. Each response to the two questions below should be written in English and be 400 words or less.
- What is a significant challenge that you believe women in the tech industry face and how do you see yourself being part of the solution(s) to this challenge? Keep in mind that impact can happen in many ways and at different scales.
- What impact would receiving this scholarship have on your education? Describe any circumstances affecting your need for a scholarship and what educational goals this scholarship will enable you to accomplish.
Courtesy – buddy4study.com