About the Program
To be eligible, an applicant must –
- Be a specially-abled student having not less than 40% disability
- Be admitted to the first year of degree/diploma level course or second year of degree/diploma level course through lateral entry in any of the AICTE approved institutions of the respective year
- Have a family income of less than INR 8 lakh per annum
All eligible specially-abled students will receive INR 50,000 for every year of study as a lump sum amount towards payment of college fee, purchase of computer, books, stationeries, software, equipment, etc. No other additional grant will be payable in lieu of hostel charges and medical charges, etc.
- Mark sheet of class 10 and 12 (as applicable)
- Annual family Income certificate for the previous financial year in the prescribed format issued by an official, not below the rank of Tahsildar
- Admission letter for getting admission in a degree/diploma course issued by the Directorate of Technical Education
- Certificate issued by the Director/Principal/Head of the Institute
- Disability certificate issued by the competent authority
- Receipt of tuition fee
- Bank account passbook seeded with the Aadhaar card indicating applicant’s photograph, account number, and IFSC code
- Caste certificate (applicable for SC, ST, or OBC candidates)
- Aadhaar card
- Duly signed declaration by the parents confirming the accuracy of information provided in the application form
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps –
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now‘ button below.
Step 2: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and ‘Continue‘.
Step 3: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category (Post Matric), scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant’s name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
Step 4: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 5: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the ‘Register’ button.
Step 6: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 7: Now, log in using OTP and fill the form.
Step 8: An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.
Scholarship Closing Date: 15th January 2022
Last Date for Defect Verification: 31st January 2022
Last Date for Institute Verification: 31st January 2022
- Candidates who have taken admission in an AICTE approved college/institution through the Centralised Admission Process (for government quota) are selected for Saksham Scholarship based on merit.
- While selecting the candidates for the disbursal of the scholarship, 15% of the total seats are reserved for SC, 7.5% for ST, and 27% for OBC candidates.
Terms and Conditions
- Applications will be invited once in a year through the National Scholarship Portal of the Government of India.
- Incomplete applications will be summarily rejected. Only verified online applications will be considered for the award of scholarship.
- If a candidate failed/drop out in the subsequent year, The candidate will not be eligible for further scholarship.
- In case both CGPA & Total marks are given in the mark sheet, total marks will be considered for determining percentage.
- A provisional list of shortlisted candidates will be uploaded on the AICTE web portal.