About the Program
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be above the 80th percentile of successful candidates in the relevant stream in Class 12 or equivalent of respective state examination boards
- Be pursuing a regular course such as Medical and Engineering in a college/institution recognized by the AICTE, Dental Council of India (DCI), Medical Council of India (MCI), and other respective regulatory authorities
- Have annual family income not more than INR 8 lakh from all sources
- Not be in receipt of any other scholarship
Note: Students pursuing degree courses through distance mode or correspondence and diploma courses are not eligible.
The students selected for this scholarship are provided financial support which varies depending on their education level.
- At the Graduation Level – A scholarship of INR 10,000 per annum will be provided for the first three years.
- At the Postgraduation Level – An amount of INR 20,000 per annum will be provided.
- For 5-year Professional Courses – INR 20,000 per annum will be provided in the 4th and 5th year.
Note: In the case of technical courses such as B.Tech and B.E. degrees, the selected candidates will receive a scholarship for up to graduation level.
- Aadhaar card (in case Aadhaar is not yet assigned, alternatives like Aadhaar enrolment ID slip, the application made for Aadhaar enrolment, voter ID card, driving license, PAN, passport, etc., can be used)
- Class 12th mark sheet
- Income certificate
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps –
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now‘ button below.
Step 2: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and ‘Continue‘.
Step 3: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category (Post Matric), scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant’s name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
Step 4: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 5: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the ‘Register’ button.
Step 6: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 7: Now, log in using OTP and fill the form.
Step 8: An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.
Scholarship Closing Date: 31st December 2021
Last Date for Defect Verification: 15th January 2022
Last Date for Institute Verification: 15th January 2022
Students will be selected based on the merit list as per the state allocated quota. The applications of the candidates will be verified at two distinctive levels, namely-
- By the Institute where the student is studying
- By the respective State Education Board
Terms and Conditions
- The students belonging to reserved categories/minorities/weaker sections are eligible for reservation on the basis of merit, subject to Central Reservation Policy and internal earmarking.
- The applications of students who are not verified either by the Institute or by the concerned State
- Education Board or by both will be treated as ‘Invalid’.
- The total duration of the scholarship will not be exceeding 5 years.
- 50% of the total scholarships are reserved for girl candidates.
- A total of 82,000 fresh scholarships are disbursed every year amongst the pass outs of Science,Commerce and Humanities streams in the ratio of 3:2:1.