To be eligible, an applicant must
- Be maximum of 28 years as on the date of application
- Have first-class B.Sc and M.L.I.Sc degree from UGC recognized University
- Be UGC-NET qualified
- Have expertise in digital library concepts, bibliographic database creation
- Hold an M.Sc in Basic Sciences
- The selected fellows will receive a monthly stipend of INR 31,000 per month plus HRA as per DRDO rules.
- Self-attested copies of DOB Certificate
- Degree/Provisional Certificate with Marks Memos
- GATE scorecard
- Caste Certificate
- NOC & other testimonials
Note – Copies of GATE Score Card, B.Tech/M.Tech/M.L.I.Sc certificates are compulsorily uploaded to the online application form.
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the fellowship by following the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now‘ button below and read all details.
Step 2: Fill in the required details to ‘Register’.
Step 3: After successful registration, log in using valid credentials.
Step 4: Fill in the application form carefully step-by-step and upload the necessary documents.
Step 5: Submit the application form.
Application Deadline – 11th March 2022
Venue of Interview
- Defence Scientific Information & Documentation Centre (DESIDOC), Metcalfe House, Civil Lines, Delhi – 110 054
- The candidates will be shortlisted based on valid GATE/NET score and the percentage of marks obtained in the minimum qualifying degree.
Terms and Conditions
- Only those candidates who have been awarded Degree/Provisional Certificate are eligible to apply.
- No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview or for joining if selected.
- The number of vacancies will increase or decrease without prior notice.
- The candidate must submit the supporting document for converting CGPAICPI to the equivalent percentage (%) from the concerned University.
- The shortlisted candidates will be required to appear for a personal interview to be held at DESIDOC, Delhi or through video conferencing as decided by the Director, DESIDOC, which will be communicated to the individual separately.
- The time and date of the interview will be intimated by post/email.
- The candidates serving in Govt. or in Govt. owned organization will be required to produce “NOC” from their respective Department/Employer at the time of interview failing which the candidate will not be allowed to appear for the interview or they should apply through proper channel.
- The candidates need to produce Original Certificates/Testimonial for proof of Caste, Age, Educational Qualifications and No Objection Certificate (where applicable), with two passport size photographs at the time of interview. OBC certificate not more than one year for the date of advertisement.
The offer of fellowship will under no circumstances confer on candidates any right of absorption in DRDO.
Note – For detailed information, kindly go through the “Fellowship Detail Document”.