To be eligible, an applicant must
- Be an Indian national and resides in India
- Not exceed 30 years of age at the time of application
- Be a student currently enrolled/have studied at an Indian Institution of higher learning or a young professional employed in a company for a duration of a maximum of 3 years at the time of application
- Be ready to take a course in France*
*Note – If the candidate has one semester or more of studies in another country, the scholarship will not be provided during that period.
The selected candidates will receive the following benefits –
- Monthly living allowance of 700 euros
- Tuition fee waiver upto 5000 euros
- Assistance to find affordable student accommodation (priority access to CROUS residencies, subject to availability)
- Student visa and Etudes en France fee waiver
- Passport size photograph
- Scanned copy of the first page of passport (with photo and expiry date). If the applicant will be getting a passport after the deadline, please attach proof of passport application.
- Full Curriculum Vitae (CV) (maximum 2 pages)
- Scanned copy of admission/acceptance letter from the French higher education institution. (If the candidate has not received it before the deadline, attach an email correspondence to show that the candidate is in the process of getting the acceptance letter from them.)
- Scanned copies of mark sheets and degree of Higher Secondary School (XII), Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees (including those of completed semesters of the ongoing degree)
- French language certificate, if any (DELF /DALF or from any recognized university)
- Document of employment/internship record, if applicable
- Letter (s) of recommendation from the current Indian university/employer or the institution last attended.*
*Note – The letter(s) of recommendation should be submitted as scanned copies of the original typed and signed paper letters. They have to include the signature and the contact details of the referee, and (if possible) should be on the headed paper of the institution and bear a stamp of the institution.
Please mention the name of each file as specified on the scholarship website page.
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now‘ and read all details carefully, navigate to Online Application Procedure and click on the link.
Step 2: Fill in the details and ‘Register’.
(Note – Applicants who are already registered can directly log in.)
Step 3: Once registered successfully, log in with valid credentials and fill in the required details.
Step 4: Upload the supporting documents and submit the application.
- Application Deadline – 28th March 2022
- Publication of Results – 29th April 2022
The selection will be based on academic excellence, consistency and quality of the statement of purpose.
Terms and Conditions
- All the documents must be in pdf or jpeg format (word, rtf, odt, txt, msg documents, zip folders, screenshots or scans of social media are NOT acceptable).
- Applications submitted without required documents, or incorrect documents, will be rejected.
There is no CGPA/percentage cut-off for the scholarship. Knowledge of French will be an asset but is not mandatory.
- A tie-up between the current Indian institution and the future French institution will also be an asset.
- An exception will be made for Charpak scholarship holders who are currently completing their M1 in France. They can re-apply for the second year of funding in order to complete their M2.
- There is no automatic renewal of the scholarship at the M2 level. Acceptance will be subject to academic performance at the M1 level and a new statement of purpose.
- Non-scholarship holders currently pursuing M1 in France are not eligible for the scholarship.