How to Participate?
- Students who are selected for this Fellowship can be from any college, pursuing any degree, and at any stage of their graduation/ post-graduation.
- The only criterion for selection is the successful completion of a useful project. Students desirous of getting selected for this Fellowship have to learn a Free/Libre and Open Source Software (FLOSS) and complete some screening tasks.
- These tasks can involve programming/ scientific computing/ conducting awareness workshops/ collecting data that will be of use to the community. These screening tasks are not very complicated and can be done over a period of two to four weeks.
Terms of Engagement: Remote Full time / Part-time
- Last date of Registration : 7 April 2022
- Last date of Submission: 11 April 2022
- Result announcement: 18 April 2022
- Commencement of the FOSSEE Summer Fellowship 2022: 20 April 2022
- Conclusion of the FOSSEE Summer Fellowship 2022: Mid June 2022
How to Register ?
- To register click here
- Please select one of the projects from the table given and fill out the form to register.
- The submitted task will be reviewed by experts/ mentors from the FOSSEE team.
- After the review, the top submissions will be selected. The results of the selected fellows will be displayed on the website.
- The fellows will get the flexibility to work full-time (8 hrs a day) or part-time (4 hrs a day) during the fellowship.
- Opportunity to work with faculty from IIT Bombay
- Certificate of Fellowship
- Recognition on the FOSSEE website
Note: At the end of the fellowship you may receive an honorarium depending on your quality of work.
Terms and Conditions:
- Selected FOSSEE Fellows’ names will be displayed on the FOSSEE website, alternately they shall also receive an email regarding the selection on their registered email id. So it is important to fill in the correct details in the registration form.
- Once the Fellowship starts, every FOSSEE Fellow will be assessed every week based on the quality and quantity of the work. At any point, if the work is found unsatisfactory, the fellowship offer will be withdrawn.