To be eligible, an applicant must
- Be a woman, or identify as a woman
- Be a passport holder and permanent resident of one of the following countries- Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam (For both master’s scholarships and early Academic fellowships)
Brazil, Egypt, Mexico, Peru, Turkey, Ukraine (For master’s scholarships only)
- Hold an undergraduate degree*
- Meet the English language requirement of the UK university partner
- Demonstrate case for financial support need via a means-test conducted by the UK university partner
*Note – The degree will enable the applicants to gain access to one of the pre-selected postgraduate courses at a UK university.
The selected candidates will receive
- Academic prestige – the UK’s universities are amongst the world’s leaders in STEM subjects
- Economic support will include tuition fees, stipend, travel costs, visa and health coverage fees
- Special support for mothers
- English language support
NOTE: Special support will be given to women travelling with dependent children.
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship by following the steps mentioned below –
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now‘ .
Step 2: Navigate to the ‘How to Apply’ section, read the details carefully and click on ‘South Asia’.
Step 3: Click on the website link of the preferred participating University. The applicants can directly apply through the participating universities’ websites for the scholarship.
Step 4: Complete the application process as asked by the universities.
Application Deadline – 10th April 2022
The selection of the candidates will be made on the basis of academic merit, managerial experience or community involvement, and personal statement responses.
Terms and Conditions
- There is no age limit for this scholarship.
- Over 100 scholarships are available for courses starting in Autumn 2022.
- The level of English required is determined by the university the candidates are applying to.
- Candidates are required to email the university they are interested in to enquire.
- The candidates must return to their country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after their scholarship award has ended.
Note – For detailed information, kindly go through the ‘Scholarship Guidelines’.