To be eligible, an applicant must
- Have passed the postgraduation examination
- Get admitted or registered for a regular full-time M.Phil/Ph.D. degree programme in institutions recognized by UGC under Section 2(f) of the UGC Act/ICAR
- Fulfill the prescribed UGC/ICAR norms to qualify for the post
- Have taken admission in the institutions notified and identified by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs
- Have an annual family income of less than INR 6 lakh
The candidates will receive awards in the following ways –
- A total of 750 fellowships will be awarded.
- For M.Phil programme, the student will be awarded –
- A fellowship amount of INR 25,000 per month.
- A contingency amount of INR 10,000 per annum for Humanities & Social Sciences and INR 12,000 per annum for Science, Engineering Technology.
- HRA amount as per the rules of the corresponding institution.
- Escorts/reader assistance of INR 2,000 per month for physically handicapped and blind candidates.
- For Ph.D. programme, the student will be awarded –
*A fellowship amount of INR 28,000 per month.
*A contingency amount of INR 20,500 per annum for Humanities & Social Sciences and INR 25,000 per annum for Science, Engineering Technology.
*HRA amount as per the rules of the corresponding institution.
*Escorts/reader assistance of INR 2,000 per month for physically handicapped and blind candidates
- For Scholarship:
A total of 1000 scholarships will be awarded that includes –
*Full tuition fee with a maximum ceiling of INR 2.5 lakh per annum will be covered under the scholarship.
*An amount of INR 3,000 per annum per student for books and stationery will be given.
*An amount of INR 2,200 per month with a maximum ceiling of INR 26,400 per annum will be given as living expenses.
*An amount of INR 45,000 will be given as one-time assistance for computers and accessories.
Documents required for Fellowship –
- For registration
- Applicant’s photograph
- Caste certificate
- BPL card (if applicable)
- Passing certificate of post-graduation
- Physically handicapped certificate (if applicable)
- After selection
- Non-Judicial bond
- Certificate from Head of the Department/Institution stating that the necessary facilities will be provided by the college/University/Institution in case the candidates selected for this fellowship
- Details about the project
- Award letter
- Joining report
- Upgradation certificate (for candidates who upgraded from M.Phil to Ph.D. programme) – if applicable
- Proof of bank account in the name of the student
For disbursement of fellowship
- Continuation certificate from the institution (quarterly)
- HRA (quarterly)
- Progress report (yearly)
Documents required for Scholarship
- Domicile certificate
- Student photograph
- Institute verification form/Bonafide certificate
- Income certificate by the competent authority
- Caste certificate by the competent authority
- Certificate of previous academic mark sheet attested by the Institute
- Fee receipt of current course year
- Proof of bank account in the name of the student
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps –
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now‘
Step 2: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and ‘Continue’.
Step 3: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category (Post Matric), scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant’s name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
Step 4: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 5: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the ‘Register’ button.
Step 6: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 7: Now, log in using OTP and fill the form.
Step 8: An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.
Note: All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill in only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
Scholarship Closing Date: 15th April 2022
Last Date for Defect Verification: 22nd April 2022
Last Date for Institute Verification: 22nd April 2022
The selection will be done on the following basis –
- The information provided in the application form will be verified by the respective institute.
- The institute will verify the authenticity of the submitted certificates and documents.
- All applications will be processed keeping in mind the number of slots for different sub-categories.
- The merit list for the selected candidates will be auto-generated and made available on the portal.
Terms and Conditions
- The ST students selected for the fellowship cannot claim any other scholarship of the Centre or State Government.
- The fellowship will be payable once the student has secured admission and started the research work.
- The maximum duration for which the fellowships are available is 5 years in case of PhD and 2 years in case of M.Phil. It may vary based on the course a student is pursuing.
- The scholarship will be payable once the student has secured admission and started attending the classes.
- The scholarship awarded, will continue till the completion of the course, subject to satisfactory performance of the student.
The maximum duration of the scholarship depends on the course selected by the student.