To be eligible, an applicant must
- Hold a Ph.D. degree in Physics, or M.Tech./M.E. degree in Physics with 2 years of experience in Research, Teaching, Design & Development
- Have first division degree wherever division or equivalent grading is awarded
- Have proficiency in Lasers, Quantum Optics
- Have Hands-on experience working in experimental Quantum Optics, Free Space Optics
- Have exposure to Quantum Technologies – recent progress, developments and technology trends
The selected fellow will receive a monthly stipend of INR 54,000 per month plus HRA.
Educational qualifications and experience certificates
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the fellowship by following the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now‘
Step 2: Download the application form.
Step 3: Send the filled application and self-attested copies of educational qualifications and experience to the below-mentioned address –
DRDO Young Scientist Laboratory-Quantum Technology
Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
Hall No. 1, Ground Floor, Vigyan Upakendra
DIAT Campus, Girinagar, Pune – 411025, Maharashtra
Email ID – firstname.lastname@example.org
The envelope containing the application should be super scribed as – “Application for RA” at the top left corner.
In addition, the candidates must send a soft copy of the application through email at -email@example.com.
Application Deadline – 22nd April 2022
The selection of the candidates will be made based on the applicant’s performance in the interview.
Note – A contingency grant up to a maximum of INR 20,000 per annum in case of research associate on reimbursement basis.
Terms and Conditions
- Mode of selection will be by Interview. The Date, time, venue and mode of interview will be intimated to the shortlisted candidates by post and email.
- Candidates working in Govt./Public Sector Undertaking/Autonomous Bodies should apply through the proper channel. They are required to submit a signed declaration (Annexure ‘Il’) to the extent that they have informed their Cadre Controlling Authority (CCA) about their application for the fellowship in DRDO and required to produce a “No Objection Certificate” from their CCA as per Annexure ‘Ill’ at the time of interview.
- Candidates need to produce their suitable documents for proof of Caste, Age, Education Qualification/NET/GATE and NOC (wherever applicable) with a Passport size photograph failing which, the application will be rejected.
- The Offer of fellowship is purely on temporary in nature for a limited period as per rules in vogue and does not confer any right for absorption in DRDO.
- The candidates who were already awarded RA positions in any of the DRDO Laboratories/centres earlier are not eligible to apply again.
- The candidates need to attach the proof of CGPA to the percentage conversion formula from the University/Institution along with the application form.
- Admission will not be claimed by any candidate as a matter of right. The admission will be entirely at the discretion of the Selection Committee of the Laboratory which may refuse to admit any candidate without assigning any reason thereof.