To be eligible, an applicant must
- Be an Indian citizen
- Be below 30 years of age at the time of the UFP’s commencement
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in any subject or discipline
- Have basic proficiency in reading English (Note – There is support available for candidates with limited speaking ability in English and they are encouraged to apply.)
Note – The candidates without any formal education after their 10+2 can also apply, especially if they have valuable experience of formal or informal work in urban sectors.
- The selected candidates will receive the following benefits –
- Scholarship covering tuition fees
- A limited number of stipends to cover daily living expenses for candidates with significant financial needs*
- Accommodation on a double sharing basis is available at no additional expense
Housing, meals, internet access, housekeeping services and a central laundry facility for the seven months in-class teaching period
*Note – Candidates wishing to be considered for this will have a chance to indicate so in the admission forms.
- Personal Statement
- A Sample of Work
- Two shorter essays –
- The first is on the applicant’s motivation to apply (up to 300 words) and is mandatory
- In the second essay, two options are provided and the applicants are required to respond to one. The first option requires one to choose one out of five problem statements provided and respond to it. The other option requires the applicants to write from the perspective of their work experiences. (write up to 400 words).
- Audio-visual material or other material of applicant’s own making that complements the application can be uploaded or sent in
- Any other information applicants want to give (up to 200 words)
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the scholarship –
Step 1: Click on the “Apply Now”
Step 2: Fill in the required details and ‘Register’. (Note – If the applicant is already registered, log in using valid credentials.)
Step 3: After successful log in, fill in all the required details, upload the necessary documents and submit.
Step 4: Alternatively, download the application form, fill in the details, attach the necessary documents and send it by post to the below-mentioned address –
The Admissions Committee
IIHS Bengaluru City Campus,
No. 197/36, 2nd Main Road,
Bengaluru – 560 080
Application Closing Date – 25th April 2022
The selection of the candidates will be based on the fulfilment of the eligibility criteria, evaluation of written application and the interview.
Terms and Conditions
- OCI Cardholders are not eligible to apply at this time.
- Applications are strongly encouraged from women, people with disabilities, and those from economically and socially excluded communities.
- A detailed list of services available at the shared accommodation, as well as terms of residency, will be provided to all candidates who clear the first stage of the application process and are called in for interviews.
- Costs not covered include incidental costs such as dining out, additional purchases, and medical expenses not covered by the medical insurance provided by IIHS.
- IIHS will provide pooled pick up and drop services to and from the accommodation to the campus.
- These will operate at fixed timings. Entry will be restricted for fellows who arrive late after missing this service.
- The UFP is committed to providing scholarships to all candidates that receive admission but are unable to pay the programme tuition, after a review of their financial needs. The programme is thus need-blind. A candidate’s selection and admission into the programme will not be affected by their ability to pay.
- All admitted fellows will be required to pay an INR 20,000 deposit to secure their admission which will be refunded at the end of the programme.