To be eligible, an applicant must
- Enrol on an undergraduate or postgraduate programme in the fields of Engineering, Management, Science, Commerce, Computer Application, Journalism & Mass Communication, Pharmacy, and Law at CGC Jhanjeri
- Have scored a minimum of 60% marks in Class 10 and 12 examinations to avail admission to an engineering program
- Have scored a minimum of 50% marks in Class 10 and 12 examinations to avail admission to non-engineering programs (namely management, sciences, journalism, etc.)
Note – For detailed information about the academic requirements for each scholarship, refer to the ‘Scholarship Detail Document’.
The scholars selected under this scholarship stand a chance to get a scholarship worth up to INR 7 Crore. The benefits offered under this scholarship will be based on the candidate’s score in the CGC JOSH examination. This includes –
- For candidates scoring 90% and above marks – 100% tuition fee waiver
- For candidates scoring 85% to 90% marks – 75% tuition fee waiver
- For candidates scoring 75% to 85% marks – 50% tuition fee waiver
- For candidates scoring 65% to 75% marks – 25% tuition fee waiver
- For candidates scoring 60% to 65% marks – 10% tuition fee waiver
Note – For more details, kindly refer to the ‘Scholarship Detail Document’.
- IKGPTU allotment letter
- Entrance test admit card and scorecard
- Counselling fee deposit slip
- Income/Category/Residence Certificate (if applicable)
- HSC/SSC marksheets and other qualifying exam marksheets (whichever is applicable)
- Migration Certificate
- Gap Certificate (if applicable)
- Medical Fitness Certificate (with photo)
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship by following the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
Step 2: Register by entering the candidate’s name, email id, mobile number, and other asked information.
Step 3: Verify the account by clicking on the relevant link sent at the registered email address.
Step 4: After signing up, the login ID and password of the candidate will be sent to their shared phone number during registration, via SMS.
Step 5: When the dashboard opens, click on the ‘Apply Now’ button and select the course. Fill in the personal details, parent’s details, address details, etc.
Step 6: Pay the application fee of INR 1,000/- (Non-Refundable) through a Credit/ Debit Card or Net Banking.
Step 7: Enter the Educational Details.
Step 8: On completion of the application process, the date of examination, syllabus, and sample papers will be shared on the same dashboard.
Step 9: Appear in the CGC JOSH examination on the scheduled date and time. The result will be intimated through SMS and will also be displayed on https://www.cgc.ac.in/scholarships on the candidate’s dashboard.
Step 10: If the admission is granted, the applicants will automatically be considered for the available scholarships based on their performance in the examination.
Admission Deadline – Last week of June (Tentative – 30th June 2022)
The selection of the scholars will be made on their performance in the CGC JOSH examination.
Terms and Conditions
- Student needs to maintain a satisfactory cumulative score in each academic year.
- While awarding the scholarship, other indicators are also considered that will include previous academic scholarship awards, excellence in extracurricular activities, and financial hardship of meritorious candidates.
- All eligible students are required to submit the scholarship application form on or before the last date.
- The selection committee will also consider additional information as deemed appropriate.
- It is the responsibility of the student to submit all documents with the application for consideration.
- An incomplete application will not be processed and rejected with no explanation.