To be eligible, an applicant must
- Be an Indian national
- Be an active researcher belonging to the Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe category
- Be working on a regular basis in academic institutions/national labs or any other recognized R&D institutions in the field of Science and Engineering
- Hold a Ph.D. degree in Science or Engineering or M.D./M.S./M.D.S./M.V.Sc. degree
- Have at least four years of service remaining before superannuation as on the date of submission of the proposal
Note: Researchers/Scientists who have an ongoing project under the EMEQ scheme as of the date of submission of the proposal are not eligible to apply. Co-Investigators are not allowed into the scheme.
The selected candidates will receive up to a maximum of INR 50 lakh (excluding overhead charges). The research grant will cover equipment, manpower, consumables, travel and contingency. The overheads will be provided as per prevailing norms of SERB.
- Biodata (under user profile section)
- Certificate from Principal Investigator
- Endorsement Letter from the Head of Institution
How can you apply?
Follow the below steps to apply for the grant –
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now‘ button below and read all details.
Step 2: Navigate to the ‘How to Apply Online’ section, click on the given link and fill in the required details to ‘Register’. (Note – If the applicant is already registered, kindly login using valid credentials.)
Step 3: After successful registration, fill in the required details in the mandatory fields in Profile Detail under User Profile, upload the necessary documents and submit the online application.
Application Deadline – 30th June 2022
The selection will be based on the recommendations of a Task Force Committee that will be constituted by the Board. If desired by the Committee, the applicants may be called for personal discussion.
Terms and Conditions
- The duration of the project should be a maximum of three years.
- The grant is given for major equipment, manpower, consumables, travel, and contingency.
- Overhead charges as per SERB rules will be provided to the implementing institution.
- No co-investigator(s) is/are allowed in this program.
- Projects, which involve Recombinant DNA work should be examined and certified by the Institutional Biosafety Committee. Certificate from this committee should accompany the project proposal.
- Projects, which are clinically oriented or projects, which involve experiments with human and/or animal material, should be examined and certified by the Institutional Ethics Committee. Certificate from this committee should accompany the project proposal.
- Proposals in the area of Earth Sciences should contain the geological map of the region to be studied.
- The applicant must make sure to quote File No. (given by SERB) and the title of the proposals in all your future communications.
- Before final submission, Principle Investigator (PI) must check the completeness of the proposal (including the attachments). The scanned attachments should be clearly legible. Incomplete proposals or proposals with illegible documents will be summarily rejected.