To be eligible, an applicant must
- Be below 45 years of age as on 30th June 2022
- Be a regular scientist of CSIR (Council Of Scientific And Industrial Research)
- Have high academic qualifications, i.e., post graduation degree in Engineering and Ph.D. degree in Natural Science
- Have completed a minimum of 5 years of service in CSIR on the last date for receipt of the applications
- Have made a commendable contribution to research/innovation in the proposed area, which should be of international level
The selected candidates will receive the following benefits –
- A fellowship of USD 2,500 per month
- International airfare to & fro by cheapest Economy class
- USD 1,000 lump sum towards contingency and preparatory expenses
- USD 1,000 Supplementary grant for participation in conferences/visiting institutions of excellence in the country of placement
- Acceptance letter of the host institute
- A copy of the detailed description of the research work to be carried out abroad
- A write-up of one page describing the novelty of the research topic
- List of publications including both national and international
- List of Books and Patents (if any)
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply by following the steps mentioned below.
Step 1: Click on the “Apply Now” button and read all the details carefully.
Step 2: Fill in all required details, attach necessary documents and submit six (6) copies of the application form to the respective institutes.
Step 3: Also, send a copy of the nomination summary in the prescribed format through email at – email@example.com.
Note – A maximum of two applications should be forwarded by the CSIR institutes, that too after thorough and careful evaluation. In case the number of applications exceeds, they will be returned to the concerned institute.
Application Deadline – 30th June 2022
The candidates will be selected through a mechanism of interview by the constituted Selection Committee.
Terms and Conditions
- The duration of the fellowship is two to six months (in one spell only).
- The Fellowship is tenable abroad at CSIR cost.
- The applicants should not apply for this fellowship just to seek training or carry out tests using the host institution’s facilities.
- The fellows will be called ‘Raman Research Fellows’ and will be sent abroad on deputation terms.
- The candidate must present the letter of acceptance from the host institution duly attested by the Director of the Institute at the time of the interview.
- The candidates will have to execute a bond before going abroad on Fellowship to serve the concerned Lab/Institute for 3 years on their return.
- Fellowship should not be sought for training or to carry out tests, etc. using facilities in the host institute.
- The RRF must be sought to further enhance the skills/capability and fill in technological gaps.
- The nominated candidates are expected not only to be meritorious but also to be fully aware of the national agenda in Science and CSIR’s Vision. They are expected to possess general awareness of our country, its culture, history and present-day socio-economic and geo-political issues.