To be eligible, an applicant must –
- Have a distinguished career as a writer, editor, journalist, lecturer, radio or television program director, science photographer and illustrator, which has enabled them to explain science (including medicine), research and technology to the public
- Have a knowledge of the role of science, technology and research in the enrichment of cultural heritage and in the solution of problems of humanity
The selected fellows will receive an honorarium of INR 25,000 per month, a citation and a bronze medal. A maximum of six prizes (two in each category) will be awarded to the following categories –
- Science popularization efforts in the English language by a career media personnel
- Science popularization efforts in the English language by a career scientist
- Science popularization efforts in any language other than English either by a career media personnel or a career scientist
The eligible candidate can apply for the prize by using the below-mentioned steps –
Step 1: Click on the “Apply Now“ button and read all the details carefully.
Step 2: Send the nomination form complete in all respects to the below mentioned address latest by 15th July 2022 –
Executive Director, Indian National Science Academy,
Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg,
New Delhi – 110 002
Application Deadline – 15th July 2022
The selection will be based on the fulfilment of eligibility criteria.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The prize winner will be expected to deliver a lecture at the venue to be fixed by the Academy.
- Nominations for the award will be made by the INSA Fellows, Vice-Chancellors, Deans, Principals, Directors of leading scientific institutions and national laboratories and Editors of selected Indian science journals in the prescribed proforma.