To be eligible for this scholarship, an applicant must:
- Have been accepted or enrolled in a full-time program at a US or Canadian school that is an MPOWER Partner College or University
- Have one of the following immigration statuses:
- For study at a US partner college or university: F1 visa status, Green Card holder (permanent resident) status, or a DACA recipient status
- For study at a Canadian partner college or university: permanent resident or Canadian study permit holder
The selected candidates will receive the following benefits –
Grand Prize – $10,000
Runner-Up – $2,000
Honorable Mention – $2,000
An essay, a poem, a Powerpoint, or other written material in 200-500 words
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now‘.
Step 2: Navigate to ‘Apply Now’ and click to access the application form.
Step 3: Fill in the required details and upload the relevant documents.
Step 4: Submit the application form.
Application Deadline – 15th July 2022
The scholarship recipients will be selected solely based on their essay responses. The selection of winners will be based on –
- The quality of the applicant’s essay; the essay should demonstrate clarity of thought, compelling goals and vision, and superior communication skills in English;
- The extent to which there is a clear nexus between the applicant’s intended field of study and his/her goals and aspirations; and
- The applicant’s potential as a scientist, entrepreneur, leader, and/or change-maker who will make a positive impact.
Note – Scholarship essays will be judged by an unbiased committee within MPOWER.
Terms and Conditions
- Any transfer or attempted transfer of scholarship shall be void.
- The scholarship winners will be notified within 8 weeks of the deadline.
- All the winners will be required to submit a completed and signed Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability & Publicity Release.
- The odds of winning will depend on the number of entries received and the quality of the essays submitted by all Entrants.
- There are no substitutions permitted for any awarded prize. A prize will only be awarded to the person submitting the entry and can not be sold, assigned, or otherwise transferred.