To be eligible, an applicant must –
- Be below 45 years of age at the time of application
- Possess Ph.D. Degree at the time of application (Note – The candidates must have the necessary competence to conduct research in Social Sciences or social aspects of other disciplines in the opinion of the ICSSR.)
- Be affiliated to an ICSSR Research Institute/Institutes of National Importance (approved by MHRD)/government research institutes/public-funded Indian university (including deemed university)/college having an approved Ph.D. programme and requisite research infrastructure of choice
Note – Age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST/Persons with Benchmark Disability will be given.
- The selected candidate will receive a fellowship of INR 31,000 per month and a contingency grant of INR 25,000 per annum.
- Under Salary protection, a fellow is entitled to salary and allowances admissible per rules. However, special allowances like children’s education allowance, medical reimbursement, LTC, etc. are not admissible from ICSSR. The parent institution may pay/reimburse the same as per its rule.
- The ICSSR shall also pay the leave and pension contribution or contribution towards CPF and gratuity for the period for which the fellow holds the position as per the rules of the parent institution.
- Abstract of the research proposal in about 200 words
- Upon completion of the fellowship, the scholar is required to submit the following documents –
- A book-length final report in a publishable form along with a summary of the report (3000-4000 words) and published research papers.
- A certificate of settlement of assets and books purchased out of the contingency grant issued by the affiliating Institution.
Note – The documents must be submitted in hard copy (two copies of the final report and five copies each of the summary and research articles) and a soft copy in pen-drive.
How can you apply?
The eligible candidate can apply for the post by using the below-mentioned steps –
Step 1: Click on the “Apply Now” button and read the details carefully.
Step 2: Navigate to ‘Login for Applicant’ button and log in using valid credentials. (Note – If the applicant isn’t registered, kindly register first by clicking ‘Click here for register’.)
Step 3: Fill in all required details, upload the research proposal, named – ‘Section IV: Details of Research Proposal’ (in the prescribed format) and submit the application.
Note – The applicants can apply through open advertisement on the ICSSR website.
At this stage, the candidates need not submit any document other than those referred to in the application form.
For more details of the fellowship, kindly check the ‘Fellowship Detail Document’.
Application Deadline – 27th July 2022
The candidates will be selected following the below-mentioned procedure –
- Initially, the applications will be scrutinized and shortlisted by the screening committee.
- Thereafter subject group(s)/expert committee(s) will shortlist the meritorious proposals from the eligible applications.
- The shortlisted applicants will be invited to interact/present before an expert committee.
- After the interaction, the expert committee/s will prepare recommendations for the award which will be placed before the requisite committee(s) for their consent/approval.
- The list of selected candidates will be uploaded on the ICSSR website.
Terms and Conditions
- The selected fellow has to work under the guidance of a senior social scientist (not below Associate Professor with sufficient research supervision experience and publications).
- The supervisor must be in regular employment at the time of application and should belong to the affiliating institution in the same discipline as that of the applicant.
- In case of inter-disciplinary proposals, the supervisor must hold proven expertise in the area of research proposed by the scholar. The selection of the supervisor is subject to the approval of the ICSSR.
- The scholar has to join the fellowship within a month of the date of the award letter by submitting all required documents to the affiliating/administering institution. It may be extended up to a few months in exceptional circumstances with the prior approval of the ICSSR.
- The fellowship will be sanctioned initially for a period of one year, effective from the date of joining the fellowship by the scholar.
- The renewal of the fellowship for the subsequent year shall be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory Annual Progress Report and statement of account for the entire fellowship released for the first year.
- The fellowship may be discontinued if research progress is found unsatisfactory or any ICSSR rules are violated.
- During the course of the fellowship, the scholars are required to publish at least two research papers preferably in Scopus Indexed or UGC Care listed research journals on the theme of the research undertaken.
- The ICSSR reserves the right to demand raw data, or such part of it as may be specified, to be transferred to the ICSSR.
Note – For more details of the fellowship, kindly check the ‘Fellowship Details’.