To be eligible, an applicant must
- Be enrolled in undergraduate, postgraduate, or Ph.D. degree at Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Fulfil academic requirements for each course with no backlog
- Have a gross family income of less than INR 8 lakh per annum from all sources for merit-cum-means students
- Have scored a rank in JEE Main – 2021
NOTE: To get detailed information about the academic requirements for each scholarship, refer to the ‘Scholarship Detail Document’ document below.
The selected scholars will receive the scholarship in the following way –
Merit Scholarship 1 – Tuition Fee + Development Fee waive off
Merit Scholarship 2 – Tuition Fee wave off
Merit Scholarship 3 – Tuition Fee/2 waive off
Merit Scholarship 4 (A) – Tuition Fee + Development Fee waive off
Merit Scholarship 4 (B) – Tuition Fee wave off
Merit Scholarship 4 (C) – Tuition Fee/2 waive off
Merit Scholarship 5 (For Lateral entry students admitted in 2nd year of B.E./B.Tech) – Tuition Fee/2 waive off
NOTE – To get detailed information about the academic requirements for each scholarship, refer to the ‘Scholarship Detail Document’ document below.
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship by following the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now’.
Step 2: Fill in the required details to “Register”.
Step 3: After successful registration, log in using email ID and phone number to proceed with the process.
Step 4: Select the course, fill in the necessary details, upload the documents, and submit.
Step 5: Pay the application form fee using either a debit/credit card or online payment gateway to complete the process.
Step 6: If selected as per the admission mode, the applicants will automatically be considered for the available scholarships based on merit-based achievements.
Application Deadline – 30th July 2022
The candidate will be selected by the DoAA on the basis merit and academic performance.
Terms and Conditions
- The award of merit scholarships for B.E./B.Tech, MCA, and M.Sc. programs will be announced every year by the DoAA.
- If the student declines (or is not awarded a merit scholarship for certain reasons) it will be awarded to the next student in the approved list.
- The merit scholarships will be tenable for one academic year.
- Only students selected in the first year shall continue to get the scholarship in subsequent years on fulfilment of required conditions.