To be eligible, an applicant must –
- Be an Indian national who has passed the Higher Secondary or equivalent examination in 2022 (i.e, current year)
- Be studying B.Sc.(Hons.), Engineering or Medicine at the undergraduate level in any institution registered in West Bengal
Note – The students who have passed H.S. or equivalent examination before 2022 are not eligible to apply. The students pursuing B.Sc. Pass course/Diploma course/B.Sc. Nursing course are not eligible to apply.
The selected candidates will receive INR 4,000 per month and an annual book grant of INR 5,000 for 4/5 years (till completion of B.Tech./B.E./MBBS/BS- MS/M.Sc. degree). All selected scholars will also receive a scholarship certificate.
- Scanned copy of marksheet of 10th and 12th standard examination in jpeg/pdf format [maximum size – 1 MB].
- Recent passport size photograph in jpg/jpeg format [Maximum size – 100 KB]
- Scanned image of signature in jpg/jpeg format [Maximum size – 50 KB]
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps:
Step 1: Click on the “Apply Now” button below.
Step 2: Navigate to “Apply online for JBNSTS Senior Talent Search/Senior Bigyani Kanya Medha Britti” to register.
Step 3: After successful registration, an email with the application link and application id will be sent to the registered email Id of the applicant.
Step 4: Click on the given link in the email to proceed with the application process.
Step 5: Log in using the application id and registered email to access the application form.
Step 6: Fill in the required details and upload the necessary documents and click on ‘information given above are correct’ to proceed with the process.
Step 7: Now click on ‘Click here to pay’ to make an online payment of INR 200 through Net Banking, Debit Card, Credit Card, Wallet or UPI to complete the application process.
Note – Examination fee once paid will not be refunded. However, if there is any excess payment for whatsoever reason, the student can send an email to Director, Jagadis Bose National Science Talent Search at – firstname.lastname@example.org requesting a refund.
Last Date of application form submission- 31st July 2022
Date of Examination- 21st August 2022
Jagadis Bose National Science Talent Search Junior Scholarship Test is a three-phased test involving a written test (1st phase), an interview (2nd phase) and a scientific creativity test (3rd and final phase). Only the shortlisted students from each phase are called for the next phase. The results will be declared after every phase of the examination.
Terms and Conditions
- Candidates must continue their UG studies in West Bengal from this year itself to apply for the scheme.
- Before final selection candidates have to submit their proof of admission in 1st year UG [Science (Hons.)/BS-MS/Engineering/Medicine] course in any institute in West Bengal.
- The candidates must have a valid email Id and mobile number (one email id/phone number should be used for one applicant only).
- The admit card and other details of the examination will also be sent to the email address provided in the application form.