To be eligible, an applicant must –
- be an Indian citizen aged between 16 to 22 years
Parental consent is required for participants between 16-18 years of age.
Individuals or teams of up to 3 members can participate in the competition.
- The support includes mentoring of the top 50 teams (individuals or teams of up to 3 members) by industry experts and the Foundation for Innovation and Technology Transfer (FITT) at the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi (IIT Delhi), a boot-camp training at IIT Delhi, a certificate of participation, and vouchers worth INR 1 lakh for online courses in design thinking, STEM, innovation, leadership among others.
- The top 10 teams will receive Samsung hampers worth INR 1 lakh and an opportunity to visit Samsung India offices, its R&D centres and Samsung Opera House in Bengaluru where they will interact with young Samsung employees and researchers.
- The final 3 national winners will stand a chance to get the support of up to INR 1 crore and mentoring support for six months to take their ideas to the next level under the expert guidance of IIT Delhi.
Other Benefits –
- FITT, IIT Delhi will take care of the participants’ accommodation and travel expenses (guidelines will be mailed to teams after selection). For participants under the age of 18, FITT, IIT Delhi will provide accommodation for their parents but they have to manage their travel expenses on their own.
- Identity Proof (Govt./School/College ID)
- Graphical representation of the idea
Note – The documents must be uploaded in jpg/jpeg or png format up to 2 MB in size.
How can you apply?
The eligible candidates can apply for the competition by following the below-mentioned steps –
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now‘ and read the details.
Step 2: Navigate to ‘Register Now’ on the right side of the dashboard and click on it.
Step 3: Register by entering a valid email id and captcha.
Step 4: After successful registration, fill in the required details and upload the relevant documents.
Step 5: Accept the ‘Terms and Conditions’ and ‘Consent’ and submit the application form before 5 pm on 31st July 2022.
Application Deadline: 31st July 2022
***The exact dates and curriculum of workshops, online classes and the pitch event will be confirmed closer to the time.
***The implementation partner will work with Phase 2 participants to secure convenient dates. It will be mandatory to attend the Competition on the agreed dates in order to progress with the Competition.
- The Competition is divided into following four phases with a selection process at each phase so that only those participants who pass a phase can participate in a subsequent phase.
- In the first phase, applications will be examined for their relevance to a social problem, technical feasibility, market potential, and team competence, by subject matter experts from the Foundation of Innovation & Technology Transfer (FITT) – IIT Delhi. The submitted ideas will be thoroughly examined using the following criteria:
- The significance of the problem statement & its impact on society
- The proposed solution’s novelty and viability
- Qualifications of the group or individual
- Plan for commercialization
- In the second phase, teams will be mentored by industry and academic professionals during a three-day boot camp held at IIT Delhi. Teams are then requested to submit videos with regard to their idea. These videos will be evaluated by the Samsung jury who will then shortlist the top 10 finalists.
- In the third phase, the 10 finalist teams will be provided with advanced training as an orientation toward business activities. The journey and origin of their idea may be captured. Mentoring for proof-of-concept development, business plan and soft skills required for entrepreneurs will be provided. Teams are then requested to finally pitch their idea in front of a jury panel. The 3 winning teams will be announced at this stage.
- In this final phase, teams are awarded a grant to develop a prototype for customer validation. Incubation support will be offered by FITT, IIT Delhi for the prototyping phase.
Terms and Conditions
- Only the English language is accepted.
- Individuals or teams of up to three people can apply for the challenge.
- The concept should be original in terms of Science and Technology, or it should be an entirely new product with a social or economic consequence. New business models without any innovation may not be considered.
- The team/individual should not have previously obtained funds/awards for the same proposal from any agency or through other competitions for more than INR 5 lakhs.
- Each team can only submit one proposal to the Solve for Tomorrow challenge. Teams are free to pitch their unique concept to tackle problems for the future in any one domain they are most familiar with.
- Employees or agents of Samsung or its implementation agencies or any of its group companies or their families or households or anyone professionally connected to the competition are not eligible to enter.
- Each applicant may only be part of one entry/application either on their own or as part of a single team.
- In case it is found that participants are infringing any third party rights including their intellectual property rights, the participants shall be eliminated and disqualified from the competition.
- The applicant must not act in a manner which may adversely affect Samsung’s reputation, or adversely affect the health, safety or wellbeing of Samsung or the implementation partner’s staff or that of any other applicant.