To be eligible, an applicant must –
- Be registered for a Ph.D. degree at an Indian institution on or before November 1, 2021 (For U.S. applicants)
- Have conducted adequate research in the relevant field, especially in the identification of resources in India
- Have a high academic background
The selected applicants will receive the following benefits –
- J-1 visa support
- A monthly stipend
- Accident and Sickness Program for Exchanges per U.S. Government guidelines
- Round-trip economy class air travel between India and the U.S., a modest settling-in allowance
- A professional allowance
Note – The selected visiting student researchers will have opportunities to audit non-degree courses, conduct research and gain practical work experience in suitable settings in the U.S.
- Curriculum vitae
- Test score reports
- Study/research objectives
- FK-DR employer’s endorsement form
- Scanned copy of FK-DR Applicant Annexure
- Ph.D. Registration Certificate
Note – For detailed information, kindly go through ‘Applicant Checklist’.
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the fellowship by following the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button.
Step 2: Navigate to the ‘Application Procedure’ section and click on the first link.
Step 3: For first time users, click on the ‘Create an Account’ link, whereas registered users click on Login.
Step 4: To register for an account, enter an email address, first and last name, birthday and click on ‘Continue’.
Step 5: Enter the pin received through email to activate the account and create a password to complete the process.
Step 6: After successfully creating the account, log in using valid credentials.
Step 7: Fill in the required information step-by-step and upload the required documents s in PDF format as required.
Step 8: Fill in the grant and additional information and submit the form.
- For detailed information, kindly go through ‘Application Instructions’.
- The employer can send the signed form directly to the Senior Program Officer, Indian Program, United States-India Educational Foundation, through email at – email@example.com no later than September 15, 2022.