To be eligible, an applicant must:
- be a dependent ward of State Police personnel who are martyred during Naxal/Terror attacks
- be pursuing first professional degree courses such as Engineering, Medicine, Dental, Veterinary, BBA, BCA, B.Pharm., B.Sc. (Nursing, Agriculture, etc), MBA, MCA, etc. from the institution recognized by the Government Regulatory Bodies such as All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Medical Council of India (MCI), University Grant Commission (UGC)
- have secured a minimum of 60% marks in Minimum Entry Qualification (MEQ) i.e. Class 12/Diploma/Graduation or equivalent (For new applicant)
- have passed each subsequent academic year of the professional courses with a minimum of 50% marks (For renewal)
Note – The candidates who could not submit their application on time for renewal will be given a grace year for the same.
The selected candidate will receive the scholarship in the following way –
- INR 3,000 per month for girls
- INR 2,500 per month for boys
- A certificate issued by the State Govt. indicating that the State Police personnel was killed in a Terror/Naxal attack
- Attested scanned copy of the Marksheet MEQ i.e. Class 12/Diploma/Graduation or equivalent with the following certificates
- PPO/Discharge Certificate/Book (Mandatory for category A to F)
- Disability Certificate (Mandatory for category B & D)
- Death Certificate (Mandatory for category A & C)
- Certificate of Gallantry award (Mandatory for category E)
Note – For detailed information about categories, kindly refer to the ‘Scholarship Guidelines’ document.
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps –
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link below.
Step 2: Navigate to ‘Applicant Corner’and click on ‘New Registration’.
Step 3: Now click on ‘Click here for other Scholarship Schemes hosted on NSP for AY 2022-23’.
Step 4: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and ‘Continue’.
Step 5: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category (Pre Matric), scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, and write the applicant’s name, date of birth, mobile number, and email ID.
Step 6: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 7: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the ‘Register’ button.
Step 8: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 9: Now, log in using OTP and fill out the application form.
Step 10: After successful submission of the application form, an application ID and password will be generated which can be used for future references.
Note – All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill in only one application as multiple applications will cancel the form.