To be eligible, an applicant must –
- Be an Indian citizen
- Hold a regular academic/research position in a recognized academic institution or national laboratory or in any other recognized R&D institution in India
- Applicants from IITs, IISERs, IISc, NITs, Central Universities, and National Labs of Central Government Institutions will be considered under Level I category, whereas applicants from State Universities/Colleges and Private Academic Institutions should apply under Level II category.
- Investigators who will be superannuating during the duration of the project or are already superannuated are also eligible to apply. In such cases, a Woman Faculty/Scientist from the host institute who has at least 5 years of service remaining should be associated as a Co-PI. The host institution should allow the investigator to continue after superannuation and provide the required support for the implementation of the project.
The selected fellows will receive grants under the following two categories –
- Level I: The scale of funding up to 60 lakh for three years.
- Level II: The scale of funding up to 30 lakh for three years.
The proposal must include –
- Project Title (max 500 characters)
- Project summary (max 3,000 characters)
- Keywords (max 6)
- Objectives of the project (max 1,500 characters)
- Expected output, and outcome of the proposal (max 1,500 characters)
- Budget (Research Personnel, Consumables, Travel, Equipment, Contingency, Overhead)
How can you apply?
Follow the below steps to apply for the grant –
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below and read all details.
Step 2: Navigate to the ‘How to Apply Online’ section, click on the given link and fill in the required details to ‘Register’. (Note – If the applicant is already registered, kindly log in using valid credentials.)
Step 3: After successful registration, fill in the required details in the mandatory fields in Profile Detail under User Profile, upload the necessary documents and submit the online application.