To be eligible, the applicant must –
- be below the age of 35 years]
- be a national of an ICGEB Member State
- hold a recent Ph.D. degree in Life Sciences or have at least 3 years of research experience
The selected fellows will receive a monthly stipend accordingly –
- Trieste (Italy): Euro 2,000
- New Delhi (India): US 1,590
- Cape Town (South Africa): ZAR 23,000
Other Benefits –
- The fellowship includes provision for travel expenses from the participant’s home country to the ICGEB lab at the beginning of the fellowship and a return travel provision upon completion of the fellowship.
- Medical health insurance coverage
- Reimbursement of visa/permit of stay application and renewal costs
- All research costs will be supported by the research group’s budget
Note – ICGEB makes no financial provision, nor can it provide administrative support for family members of participants in the programme.
Please note that you will be requested to upload the following documents (pdf files):
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Academic records (Ph.D. degree certificate, issued by the degree-granting University and bearing the official seal/s and signatures, to be submitted in the original language accompanied by an official English translation of each document).
- Written Statement from the ICGEB Group Leader
- A valid identification document (passport or identity card)
- English Certificate (TOEFL, Cambridge or similar)
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the fellowship:
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below and read all details.
Step 2: Click on the “Apply” button and sign up with valid credentials. (Note – If the applicant doesn’t have an account, please fill in the required details to ‘Create an Account’.)
Step 3: Fill in the registration form and complete the process step-by-step.
Step 4: Upload the relevant documents and submit.
- For detailed information, kindly refer to ‘Fellowship Submission Guidelines’.
- Applicants need to contact the ICGEB Group Leader/PI of their choice with a motivation letter so as to determine the availability of laboratory space and to define the research project proposal that will be an integral part of the application.